Old 04-23-2017, 12:40 PM
Kgalliher519
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stumbled upon you guys while trying to fix my xfire

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The three start and then a battery reset to do it all over again is the classic symptom of a SKREEM failure.
Read up about it here on the forum, just search SKREEM and see, there is one cure if that is the cause and that is a new module. You can buy this module from NeedsWings for $250 and it is plug and play.
Surrendering to the tender mercies of your local dealer will likely cost you much more as they will change everything before they get to the SKEEEM.
Read about the symptoms and lf your problem fits them, buy a SKREEM.
A starter probably costs more. How you settled on a starter I cannot figure out.
I did read through all of the SKREEM threads. My alarm does not go off, car doesn't start at all, and there is no check engine light registering. I had read about removing fuse 9 being a temp fix and that didn't solve the issue (not sure how true it is bit from what I read worked for a few people). When the key is in the "on" position you can here the starter click like it is trying to engage even though the key is not turned. All this leads me to the starter being the issue. Whether it's the whole starter or just the solenoid that's gone bad.