Thread: oil consumption
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 11:17 PM
ManoelRamon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: oil consumption

Originally Posted by Bladecutter
Crossfire725,

What you haven't told us yet is HOW you drive the car.

If you are doing a lot of high rpm driving, then your engine is going to have a tendency to burn more oil than a car that is only used on Saturdays by a little old lady to go to the grocery store 2 blocks over, never exceeding 2500 rpms the whole way.

If you get any oil hot enough, and the engine spinning quickly, some of the oil will turn into oil mist, and then get sucked into the crank case ventilation system, which then gets ingested by the throttle body, and burned nice and cleanly, with no signs of any blue smoke.

The other thing to do is to pop off the engine cover, and look at the various seams on the valve covers, and see if your valve covers are leaking engine oil that way. If your engine hasn't leaked oil from the covers as of yet, you're luckier than quite a few other owners. Bat's '08 Roadster had to have the covers done on her car at only 12k miles.

BC.
Well I know this is an old thread but I am facing the same issue.. oil disappearing.. and reading the response above I qualify as a guy that take the highway every day and runs a lot for at least 100 miles every day. So I believe I am not the lady living close to grocery store ahahahaha... but I am curious about the crank case ventilation system... what should I do ? change the crank case hose or what ? many thanks guys!