Thread: Fob Problem
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 04:53 AM
tpellegr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fob Problem

I have a 2007 Crossfire with a fob problem . I just bought the car on 5-10-17 . The previous owner dropped the fob into salt water . The fob when I got it would open and lock the car with the key and the engine would run . You could not lock or unlock the car with the fob . I put new batteries in the fob as the old ones were dead as I tested them with a volt meter . So now when I press and hold the open or close button for a few seconds the light lights but it still does not lock or unlock the car . I tried the push one button twice and then insert the key within 30 seconds in the ignition turn to run but still not locking and unlocking the car . The funny thing is even before I replaced the batteries in the fob the car would run and drive with dead batteries in it . After reading the other threads on problems with fobs . I got the impession that the fob had to be working to get the car to run ? Is that true ? Or will a dead fob , not able to lock and unlock doors still let the car run ?