Old 07-04-2017, 11:35 AM
KDFL18
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sticky Ignition Key Fix for all Crossfires 2004 thru 2006

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
So it appears you are having a problem getting the ignition into the collar, not the tumblers into the ignition. Also you do not appear to have the band clamp in place before installing the ignition into the steering column collar you should do that. I wish I had your answer, but I am having the same problem, and I came here looking for a solution.

I do not think you need the tumblers in the ignition for install , just know how they fit in before install. Now to the problem! I cannot get the damn ignition module back into the collar. It only goes in to the pin, and when I press the pin in it still will not sink into the collar any further. Any advise for the both of us?

I was able to get the assembly into the collar by applying WD-40 to the assembly arm before inserting it into the collar. Oh yeah... and MUSCLE!
The problem I'm having now is the car will not start after certain periods of being driven. It appears it may be the starter. I checked the assembly and all its parts to ensure everything is connected. It looks good.