View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 08:41 AM
Lyndond
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car, new problems!

First off I must say this is an excellent forum with some great help. keep it up

I have just bought an 05 convertible from a friend which drives really well. just a few electrical gremlins to deal with. I have searched and read through as much as possible so i just wanted to ask a few questions to make sure I'm going down the right track.

A bit of history for you. Its done 60,000 and is running quite happily but i do know it was jump started previously with the wrong polarity's on the battery...

As far as I'm aware this understandably fried some stuff but most of it was replaced to the point where it would drive. I'm now left with

Cooling light on. I'm guessing this is the fan control module. Is it better to test or replace this? is there anything it is more likely to be?

Bas/esp light is on. I have tried the resetting thing and no difference. Light stays on, I am at a loss where to begin with this so any suggestions would be great.

no central locking from remote key. key in drivers door operates just that door. central locking button on dash works. no flashing lights or any noise when trying to use the remote key. tried to re-sync the key and no difference. only one key so cant try another.

I will try and clean all the contacts on the central locking pump in the boot this weekend and see if that makes any difference. no signs of any water in the boot but i will try anyway. Any other things to try/look for while I'm in there?

Other than these teething problems I'm a very happy chap!

Thanks in advance for the replies