View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 03:17 AM
FrickFraque
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Overheating Throttle Body?

I've had my crossfire for a little over a year now. I've noticed that after some good, hard acceleration at highway speeds I notice a dramatic drop off in throttle response/acceleration. Its almost as if the throttle body is getting hot and isn't opening as quickly as normal which causes it to open slowly, but the fuel still gets spit into the cylinders. It idles just fine but upon revving it just acts like its tripping over its own feet. When I'm stopped and trying to take off it almost acts like it has two-step. Like its spitting fuel into the cylinders with no air which makes it super rich and then the air rushes in after the throttle body finally opens and theres a sharp spike in revs.

My theory is that the manifold heats up the throttle body and makes it act a little sluggish. Maybe I'm onto something. Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about. You can be the judge.

I can get rid of the problem just my shutting it off for a few seconds and then the lag goes away but only until I do some more moderate acceleration.