Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Possible Overheating Throttle Body?

Old 07-29-2017, 03:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Overheating Throttle Body?

I've had my crossfire for a little over a year now. I've noticed that after some good, hard acceleration at highway speeds I notice a dramatic drop off in throttle response/acceleration. Its almost as if the throttle body is getting hot and isn't opening as quickly as normal which causes it to open slowly, but the fuel still gets spit into the cylinders. It idles just fine but upon revving it just acts like its tripping over its own feet. When I'm stopped and trying to take off it almost acts like it has two-step. Like its spitting fuel into the cylinders with no air which makes it super rich and then the air rushes in after the throttle body finally opens and theres a sharp spike in revs.

My theory is that the manifold heats up the throttle body and makes it act a little sluggish. Maybe I'm onto something. Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about. You can be the judge.

I can get rid of the problem just my shutting it off for a few seconds and then the lag goes away but only until I do some more moderate acceleration.

Old 07-29-2017, 03:37 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Possible Overheating Throttle Body?

I believe that your intercooler pump is showing that it is not up to the job, TB does not heat up. The over heating causes the engine to cut the supercharger, switching off the clutch and thus a NOSEDIVE in power till it gets happier. Woody

Old 07-29-2017, 03:42 PM
Default Re: Possible Overheating Throttle Body?

The thing is, I have the NA model.

Old 07-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Possible Overheating Throttle Body?

Color me asleep, doing Judas Priest and did not notice, sorry. Heating of manifold is still not going to act like that . W/O s/c the engine has many sensors and it its not happy it can cut the fuel flow in an instant. Suggest you look into a DASH DAC monitor if your so inclined, it will show all the gizmos that are working under the hood and log them too if your interested. Woody

Old 07-29-2017, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by waldig
I believe that your intercooler pump is showing that it is not up to the job, TB does not heat up. The over heating causes the engine to cut the supercharger, switching off the clutch and thus a NOSEDIVE in power till it gets happier. Woody
The thing is, I have the NA model.

Old 07-29-2017, 03:52 PM

(Sorry for the double reply.. new to the whole forum thing.)
I might have to check one of those things out. The problem only arises once I accelerate a good ways above the speed limit. It doesn't effect day to day drivability. It would only inhibit my ability to set a nice lap time, if I ever took it out to the track.