View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 08:58 PM
grip grip
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Need help - Crossfire won't start

I've already sort of started this thread here on the issue.

I recently bought a '05 Crossfire auto that won't start. When the battery is fully charged, and cable recently reconnected, it will initially turnover once or twice in a few tries. I do sometimes hear the solenoid clicking for the starter, but it doesn't turnover. I always hear the fuel pump prime the lines.

If the problem was just the Skreem, I think the engine would turnover on the first 3 attempts, and it doesn't.

If the problem was the key transponder, I think I'd get more than one or two engine turnover attempts in a few tries. I still wanted a nice and new keyfob, so I ordered one from Rob.

If the problem was the RCM, wouldn't I get the crazy fan and no attempt at turnover?

I'm starting to suspect it's a dead starter, since on some attempts where it doesn't even initiate the starter I hear clicking. Are there any other solenoids that would be clicking when I turn the key (fuel pump)? Is there an easy method to jump the starter and get it to turnover the engine? This could eliminate the starter as the culprit pretty quickly. I've been searching for a method, and will continue.

Below is a video I took of my typical no-start when the battery is fully charged and having recently reconnected the battery. By the way, the starter never attempts to turnover the engine if I've already unsuccessfully tried 4 or 5 times.

Last edited by grip grip; 07-31-2017 at 09:31 PM.