View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 07:47 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Key fob AND alarm not working

Originally Posted by dylan07
My bad, I got you mixed up with RED DOG, I was referring to posts #10 and #14 posted by RED DOG.

He told me to fix my car I had to replace the siren. which has nothing to do with the fob.
And when I say chip, I am talking about the transponder - transponder responds to your car’s ignition and replies with a special code.

The transmitter is the circuit board with the lock/unlock buttons.

The transponder and transmitter are completely separate and do not need each other to work. The car will lock and unlock without the transponder. And the car will start and run without the transmitter.

After my shift, my wouldn't start so I took the fob apart in my car (wanted to be at home at the table so I don't lose pieces) and I put the chip (perhaps I should say transponder from now on) where it goes. It rattles around, but as long as I shake the fob to make it wiggle to the top by the red lens. The car starts. What should I use to glue it down?
Apology accepted.
I know what the chip does and it needs to be near the halo for the locking/unlocking transmitter to be synchronized to the SKREEM.
Just use some glue, not crazy glue though as you may want to take it out one day and put the whole insides into a new fob.