Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Key fob AND alarm not working

Old 08-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Key fob AND alarm not working

Can you show a pic of the front of the case? And you did say it WAS working when you bought the car? Also for the key fob to be working correctly , when you push lock/unlock , looking into the red lenses you will see a faint light illuminate the lenses. It's enough to know it is working. Meaning you don't have to be in a blacked out room to see it..lol.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No red light. Perhaps I bent the contacts. Does anybody have a pic of what the contacts look like?

Old 08-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dylan07
No red light. Perhaps I bent the contacts. Does anybody have a pic of what the contacts look like?
I think I remember they're being a tutorial on the key fob, I think it is a sticky, use the search bar and find it it has pictures of the key fob and all of its internals in the correct location. Type in the search bar how to take apart your key fob without destroying it.

Last edited by Kingdav1954; 08-09-2017 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 08-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Here's the picture :

Old 08-09-2017, 01:04 PM

Dangit guys ,I just spent 10 mins finding that. I give , you guys know every hole...

Old 08-09-2017, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Here's the picture :

Here is the link for those that may stumble across this thread in the future. How to take apart key fob.

I see the chip goes where I was first putting it. I could not get a good image of the battery prong. Can somebody remove the battery cover and send my a pic of the battery contact. Perhaps with the batteries in and maybe one with them out? I would appreciate at least a pic of the batteries being in still.

Do not bother with the pic if you don't feel comfortable, I don't want anybody else to have fob troubles.

Last edited by dylan07; 08-09-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

​​​​​​
I sense some attitude with that question, perhaps it was not intended. However, the chip was not glued because the previous owner replaced just the shell of the remote because the rubber buttons were cracking. He purchased a shell off Amazon or eBay and transferred the guts into the new casing.

Here are pics of how I put the chip in the case. The red ink is how I was putting it in at first. But the chip kept coming loose and was rattling in the remote and I would have to shake the remote to get the chip to the front of the case to start the car.

The yellow ink is where I have the chip now and it fit snug in that spot. It worked, so I thought the snug fit and it working meant that's where it was supposed to go.
Attitude? You first said that I was wrong when I told you that the alarm module you specified was not the siren. You then purchased the correct part which was the siren and not the part number you specified at first.
Now after two weeks we got more info, so I said was there anything else you had omitted to tell us, and then in this new post you tell us where you put the chip. That counts as new info to me.
You want people to help you and you say they look like they have attitude, thanks a lot. Good luck I have no more to say.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Attitude? You first said that I was wrong when I told you that the alarm module you specified was not the siren. You then purchased the correct part which was the siren and not the part number you specified at first.
Now after two weeks we got more info, so I said was there anything else you had omitted to tell us, and then in this new post you tell us where you put the chip. That counts as new info to me.
You want people to help you and you say they look like they have attitude, thanks a lot. Good luck I have no more to say.
I'm not understanding the attitude, I posted saying I hope it is NOT the alarm module because it is $500. You then replied with several capitalized words and sentences saying the alarm module is only $150, when in fact the alarm module is $500 the siren is what is $150. Somebody told me (may or may not have been you) told me to replace the siren and my problems will be fixed. My fob still does not work. And I kinda felt like there was an attitude with all the caps but I let it go because I appreciate the help and people make mistakes or misundersand things sometimes. It happens, but when you go on to say "is there anything else you're not telling us?"

I am at work, I'll get the car home and then disassemble the fob and reassemble it properly. That could very well fix the problem with the starting. Now can somebody please post a pic of the metal contact and batteries in the remote? Are the prongs supposed to be bent down along the side of the batteries or bent up 90 degrees and resting on top of the batteries?

If I'm coming off ungrateful or offensive I apologize because I am indeed grateful for any help that I get. I really want this problem fixed. And I read a lot on this forum before I bought the car and more afterwards and this seems to be a great community!

Old 08-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not understanding the attitude, I posted saying I hope it is NOT the alarm module because it is $500. You then replied with several capitalized words and sentences saying the alarm module is only $150, when in fact the alarm module is $500 the siren is what is $150. Somebody told me (may or may not have been you) told me to replace the siren and my problems will be fixed. My fob still does not work. And I kinda felt like there was an attitude with all the caps but I let it go because I appreciate the help and people make mistakes or misundersand things sometimes. It happens, but when you go on to say "is there anything else you're not telling us?"

I am at work, I'll get the car home and then disassemble the fob and reassemble it properly. That could very well fix the problem with the starting. Now can somebody please post a pic of the metal contact and batteries in the remote? Are the prongs supposed to be bent down along the side of the batteries or bent up 90 degrees and resting on top of the batteries?

If I'm coming off ungrateful or offensive I apologize because I am indeed grateful for any help that I get. I really want this problem fixed. And I read a lot on this forum before I bought the car and more afterwards and this seems to be a great community!
With both batteries installed.

hope these pictures help.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:29 PM

I never used caps once in my posts, I also never mentioned prices. I did say that the siren did not affect the door locking/unlocking. You kept on about the alarm module, which is not the source of your problem. You do not seem to know who said what and when. The chip seems to be a problem and when it does not operate as it should the locking/unlocking will not work. If the SKREEM does not find the chips signal the SKREEM will not initiate the locking/unlocking codes.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:03 PM

I never used caps once in my posts, I also never mentioned prices. I did say that the siren did not affect the door locking/unlocking. You kept on about the alarm module, which is not the source of your problem. You do not seem to know who said what and when. The chip seems to be a problem and when it does not operate as it should the locking/unlocking will not work. If the SKREEM does not find the chips signal the SKREEM will not initiate the locking/unlocking codes
My bad, I got you mixed up with RED DOG, I was referring to posts #10 and #14 posted by RED DOG.

He told me to fix my car I had to replace the siren. which has nothing to do with the fob.
And when I say chip, I am talking about the transponder - transponder responds to your car’s ignition and replies with a special code.

The transmitter is the circuit board with the lock/unlock buttons.

The transponder and transmitter are completely separate and do not need each other to work. The car will lock and unlock without the transponder. And the car will start and run without the transmitter.

After my shift, my wouldn't start so I took the fob apart in my car (wanted to be at home at the table so I don't lose pieces) and I put the chip (perhaps I should say transponder from now on) where it goes. It rattles around, but as long as I shake the fob to make it wiggle to the top by the red lens. The car starts. I just read the thread about disassembling the fob without destroying it. I am gluing the transponder down with Elmer's glue. I think the circuit board (transmitter) is bad. I'm wondering if I can buy one off eBay to get this fob working so when I get my new one from NeedsWings I will have 2 fully functional fobs.

Last edited by dylan07; 08-09-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:47 PM

My bad, I got you mixed up with RED DOG, I was referring to posts #10 and #14 posted by RED DOG.

He told me to fix my car I had to replace the siren. which has nothing to do with the fob.
And when I say chip, I am talking about the transponder - transponder responds to your car’s ignition and replies with a special code.

The transmitter is the circuit board with the lock/unlock buttons.

The transponder and transmitter are completely separate and do not need each other to work. The car will lock and unlock without the transponder. And the car will start and run without the transmitter.

After my shift, my wouldn't start so I took the fob apart in my car (wanted to be at home at the table so I don't lose pieces) and I put the chip (perhaps I should say transponder from now on) where it goes. It rattles around, but as long as I shake the fob to make it wiggle to the top by the red lens. The car starts. What should I use to glue it down?
Apology accepted.
I know what the chip does and it needs to be near the halo for the locking/unlocking transmitter to be synchronized to the SKREEM.
Just use some glue, not crazy glue though as you may want to take it out one day and put the whole insides into a new fob.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:20 PM

Okay! I glued the transponder to the casing, put it all back together. My car seems to be starting properly now. I found a replacement key fob on ebay says: "Complete Oem, factory 1 button flip key. Condition: Brand new case, used oem , factory electronics. "

And says "Programming: We know of no way to reprogram this remote so please do your homework before you purchase. We do not take returns on this item. "
Can I buy this, put my cut key on it, put my transponder in it, use the transmitter it comes with. And have a working fob? This would be a spare for when/if I lose/break my new one from NeedsWings.

I mean, I guess my current one could be my backup, but I'd like 2 fully functional fobs.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:25 PM

Okay! I glued the transponder to the casing, put it all back together. My car seems to be starting properly now. I found a replacement key fob on ebay says: "Complete Oem, factory 1 button flip key. Condition: Brand new case, used oem , factory electronics. "

And says "Programming: We know of no way to reprogram this remote so please do your homework before you purchase. We do not take returns on this item. "
Can I buy this, put my cut key on it, put my transponder in it, use the transmitter it comes with. And have a working fob? This would be a spare for when/if I lose/break my new one from NeedsWings.

I mean, I guess my current one could be my backup, but I'd like 2 fully functional fobs.
Red Dog did that recently and it worked. Look for his post on the subject.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:37 PM

Red Dog did that recently and it worked. Look for his post on the subject.
Titled ,"OLD key fob"
oops,, I c u found it.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:35 AM

I think by gluing the transponder in the correct place, that fixed my starting issue. And if the new fob from NeedsWings works on this car, I will have a huge sigh of relief knowing my components in my car are working.

I went ahead and ordered a used key fob off ebay from where RED DOG ordered his. $10 USD, even if it doesn't work... no huge deal for $10. But I think as long as I use MY transponder, and MY cut key, it will program and work. We will see...

I'll reply back when I get one or both of the keys in the mail.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:25 PM

I got my new key from NeedsWings and I programmed/synced it in less than a minute. I can't believe the stealership charges $120 to do that.

It's working and I love it. My car starts, my remote locks and unlocks (with the beep sounds since I also switched the siren, unnecessarily).

Reasons why I wanted a new key:
- My key was bent at the tip
- my transmitter is broken
- my transponder wasn't working at the time (fixed with glue)
- in case I lose/break it or lock it in the car. Nice to have a spare.

It was a little pricey, but I'm happy with it. Now waiting for my $10 used one from eBay to get here so I can see if I can make it work.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:00 PM

Glad your happy and back on the road. Now your siren will work for a long time as well,...

Old 11-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my new key from NeedsWings and I programmed/synced it in less than a minute. I can't believe the stealership charges $120 to do that.

It's working and I love it. My car starts, my remote locks and unlocks (with the beep sounds since I also switched the siren, unnecessarily).

Reasons why I wanted a new key:
- My key was bent at the tip
- my transmitter is broken
- my transponder wasn't working at the time (fixed with glue)
- in case I lose/break it or lock it in the car. Nice to have a spare.

It was a little pricey, but I'm happy with it. Now waiting for my $10 used one from eBay to get here so I can see if I can make it work.

did you get any success with the second hand remote?