View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 01:20 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Key fob AND alarm not working

Originally Posted by dylan07
​​​​​​
I sense some attitude with that question, perhaps it was not intended. However, the chip was not glued because the previous owner replaced just the shell of the remote because the rubber buttons were cracking. He purchased a shell off Amazon or eBay and transferred the guts into the new casing.

Here are pics of how I put the chip in the case. The red ink is how I was putting it in at first. But the chip kept coming loose and was rattling in the remote and I would have to shake the remote to get the chip to the front of the case to start the car.

The yellow ink is where I have the chip now and it fit snug in that spot. It worked, so I thought the snug fit and it working meant that's where it was supposed to go.
Attitude? You first said that I was wrong when I told you that the alarm module you specified was not the siren. You then purchased the correct part which was the siren and not the part number you specified at first.
Now after two weeks we got more info, so I said was there anything else you had omitted to tell us, and then in this new post you tell us where you put the chip. That counts as new info to me.
You want people to help you and you say they look like they have attitude, thanks a lot. Good luck I have no more to say.