Thread: Trailer Hitch
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 07:29 AM
crazyfred
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Trailer Hitch

Originally Posted by Crossfire Chuck
Any chance any of us might be able to purchase one? I have been wanting to do a hitch for a while now.
Hi Chuck

This was designed and installed in his shop in Lowell, IN. There are lot of precise measurements that have to be taken in relation to the mounting holes and the receiver hitch that goes into the mounting tubes. Kinda like one size does not fit all.

Maybe he could fab up the pieces and send them to you and you could install them yourself. It mounts under the trunk pan, you have to remove the foam insert in the trunk so you can drill the mounting holes thru the trunk floor. When you mount the tubes, they have to be exactly the right distance apart to accept the removable part of the hitch. Mine is really tight, but there are no rattles and no play. It's pretty precise.

This really comes out of left field, you could ship him your car for the install. He works in his shop after his regular job and on the weekends. Kinda of an expensive alternative seeing where you are located.

I have pulled the trailer twice at speeds up to 80 mph, there was no sway, no bouncing. Pulled straight as an arrow and no hitch noise.

His name is Nick, he is one of the best fab guys I have meet. He also works on my company equipment and is one of the best steel and aluminum welders I have met. His cell phone is 219-712-7038

I would not want to install this myself due to all the precision that has to happen, but hey that's just me.