Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Trailer Hitch

Old 04-23-2018, 09:09 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Trailer Hitch

I have liked this setup, thought about if the bars where just alittle longer, and flipped up so the bar would be above the exhaust instead of under.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finished mine and pull a small cargo trailer that I towed with my Ultra all over America even to Newfoundland and Labrador. The reciever is 1 1/8 th and I made a solid steel ball connecter. The hitch is polished stainless and made a little like the Chrysler emblem. And no I'm not going into production. I just can't understand the elitists that consider modifieing a crossfire a crime. It's a car, they don't complain about a hemi mod. I drive mine in good weather and have over 90,000 on it. I have Borla exhaust.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
5-7-18 Trailer hitch .JPG (767.7 KB, 39 views)
The following users liked this post:
Robaire2000 (08-24-2021)
Old 05-07-2018, 11:49 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Gee golly wow ! Wish you would go into production, at least for me

Old 05-07-2018, 03:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I'm afraid time is not as available as it used to be. I go to Florida in the winter now and it seems as though summers are too short. It takes alot of polishing and fabricating. I drilled the rear cross member so it will bolt in. I can stand on the ball ( 6' 3 x 270 ) and it doesn't flex. The trailer loaded is only about 250 to 300 lbs with 25 lbs of toung weight . But thanks all the same.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:56 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer Hitch

Apparently the fewer words you use the better your chances of finding what you want.

https://www.carid.com/2005-chrysler-...ailer-hitches/

The sooner I can get a tow hitch along with a wheelchair mount, the sooner I can go between living at an Extended Stay America and my shop seven miles away. Of course with a helper to assist me.

So if anyone else is doing something similar, let's get together.

Sorry about butting into this thread.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by BibaResto
Apparently the fewer words you use the better your chances of finding what you want.

The sooner I can get a tow hitch along with a wheelchair mount, the sooner I can go between living at an Extended Stay America and my shop seven miles away. Of course with a helper to assist me.

Your not butting in at all
I'm glad you found what you were looking for ....that is what this forum is all about
My best to you

Gary

Old 05-10-2018, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since we are not talking about pulling boat trailers etc...look at the touring motorcycle (Goldwing, Harley and BMW) market for hitch ideas...most all of them use the 1-1/4" ball mounts and either 1 7/8" ***** or heim joint style pin couplers...the smaller ball mounts ease the fabrication challenge a bit...some of the simpler bolt on variety might be adapted to a Crossfire...just my 2 cents

Old 05-31-2020, 11:46 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by BibaResto

Either I am missing something or the link isn't right? Where is the hitch for the crossfire? All I get on that link is a listing of over 2,746 items! IS THERE a hitch that mounts to a crossfire on that site?