View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 11:06 PM
HDW45
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is Crossfire still reliable after 100K?

Originally Posted by chunichi3333
Hi, this is my first time posting in this forum...(I'm new)

I am a college student turning senior this september, and although I was able to live without a car for 3 years, I decided it would be better to have a car for my senior year.

My budget is limited, so the only sporty cars I could find under my budget were Mazda $X-8 (2004-2005 model), and Chrysler Crossfire (2004-2005 limited).

I was in love with RX8 first because it was more practical (4 seats + larger cargo space), but upon doing some research I realized the engine is relatively unreliable compared to other sports cars. I don't want to spend few thousand $$$$ just on repairs, I want a reliable car that doesn't give me any major problems for 10 months that I'm going to drive.

So I'm leaning towards Crossfire these days. I disliked the design at first, but more I look at it, better it looks. I especially like the rear design and the electric spoiler. I also like the fact that it is a 2 seater and has a decent amount of cargo space.

I've been looking at used car markets, autotrader and cars.com, and came across few Crossfires that were under my budget, but they all have high miles.

The lowest one I found was 89,000 miles for $8450, and my budget is around $7500 - $8500.
There is another crossfire with 110,000 miles for $7,000, but I am not sure if this one is going to be realiable.

I'm going to put less than 7,000 miles (just 10 months), and then I am going to sell it because I have to go back to Japan (yes i am an international student - no wonder my grammar sucks!) and I can't take the car with me.

So the question is, are Crossfires still reliable after 100K? Do you guys think I can drive a used Crossfire with over 100K trouble-free? I love cars, and I take care of them very well (I drive a Toyota Camry and a BMW X3 in Japan and I really take care of them well too!). I never drag race, never abuse or modify cars. I just want a sporty coupe (well, i've been driving a boring sedan and a SUV - need some refreshment) that can be with me for 7,000 miles trouble-free.

I am willing to pay another $1,000 ~ 2,000 for repairs (excluding regular maintenance and insurance), so please let me know if Crossfires are reliable after 100K. These cars are super rare in Japan and I want to drive this car while studying in US.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Han
Hi Han
Your English is better than mines, lol no worries.
I am a Crossfire owner, i love my car. It drives lije a big car and has plenty of storage in the back. I have had small issues if you call them issues with the car. They do have turn signal issues the holder will break but cost very little to have someone solder back the clip. In California we have to get a smog check every other tear and the car has pass all checks no problems, by the way I am pushing 181,00 mikes and just return from a approx 1100 mile trip one way. So the answer is if the owner has taking good care of the car, yes it will go way pass 100,000 miles and run great. Hope this helos some.