Old 09-01-2017, 01:11 AM
Kingdav1954
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Inexpensive rear tire with good rain rating

Originally Posted by Padgett
Since am more of a cruiser than a track day person & my rear Contis are down to 4/32nds, been looking for some new rears. Fronts are fine so only need two but was a bit of a shock, at the end of summer 2017 there seem to be few choices even for stock 255x35x19s under $200. And then you add another $20-$30/tire EP.

Did find one though that looks good and one of the great tires from Korea: a Kumho Ecsta 4X II. Decent wet weather rating but not so good smow (like a Floridian cares). And Sam's implied $112 on the web but was $176 in the store. Plus. Contis were over $200.

Tirerack was $133 plus $27 shipping but reading the ratings sounds like a decent tire.. Then I received a flyer from Discount Tire Direct for $129.25. This made me look at the regular web sirte: $120. Even with all the addons is $140 less than anything else. (Note: Tirerack lists this tire for the Crossfire, Discount does not. Specs look the same. 420 wear. Do not really care about very high speeds, limit in Florida is 70).

Now just looking for a decent cruise tire for legal speeds with good traction in the rain and this sounds like a decent deal. Any other opinions ?
Discount Tire Barum bravus 3, all season, straight tread design very quiet with deep grooves excellent Tire in the rain I have a full set on my 05 Roadster and I really like them$80 for the front each and 117 dollars each for the rear and by the way they have a y speed rating 😋, they are rated for speeds higher than what your speed limiter on your car is set at.