View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 01:26 PM
InTheMidst
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery replaced now radio dead

What a saga but I'll keep it short. Spoiler popped up by it's self when I started the car. Hmmm. Thereafter, noticed a weak crank. Popped hood and saw corrosion on the negative battery connector. Called AAA for a battery check. Service tech also said battery needed to be replaced. Connector corrosion was so bad it had fused onto the battery. (Yup, I live by the beach.) In trying to dislodge the connector, the tech broke it apart.

Well, he charged me $175 for the new H6 battery and tried to" patch up" the connector to work. After multiple tries to crank, car started but not for long. The next day being Sunday limited my resources to find a new cable but I found a shop 6 miles away that would replace the cable. Yeah. But...car would not start.

Called AAA for a jump and this tech didn't know positive from negative and sparks went flying. Anyway, he patch the connector up so I could start it up. He said he was confident the Crossfire would make it to the shop. Car died 2 miles from my home in the middle of traffic. Called AAA for a tow to the shop.

Shop put on a new connector and Crossfire starts like brand new. However, the battery charging light was on (this tech says, don't worry it will reset) so I drove off. Rolled up windows just fine, turned on AC just fine, turn signals work just fine. So to relax for the drive home decided to turn on the radio---it's dead as a door nail. AND, the battery charging light is still on.

Looking for some serious wisdom here guys and gals. Help