View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 08:25 AM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Engine revs pulse

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Sometimes it's not even the car at fault. For the last year or so, I thought that I maybe had a bad throttle body or gas pedal : sometimes the car just wouldn't respond after coming to a halt, then accelerating. I finally realized that the stupid operator still had his foot on the brake pedal while telling the car to go, our electronics are smarter than us and prevent this
I was accelerating when it happened, suddenly no gas pedal response and the car started lunging. I came home with it lunging, fortunately not far to go and half of it was downhill so I did a lot of it in neutral.
It sits there just revving up and down, with the engine is rocking back and forth.
Absolutely no throttle response at all, I have to look for a failed vacuum line maybe, sensors ????
The question is why suddenly like that? BAS/ESP light and ABS lights came on at once as did the engine light and they all went out after disconnecting the battery and a throttle reset.
It is a good job I was close to home, so I have that to be thankful for, a mile or so more and it would have came home on a truck.
My Innova said No Faults, so now I try my Multi-Gage and my BlueDriver on my iPad. I have another one but I cannot find the dongle.

Last edited by onehundred80; 09-26-2017 at 08:30 AM.