View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 02:11 AM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Re: Infinity Stereo not powering on

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Look at the spec sheet that came with the new radio. If it states that the "pre-amp" outputs are anything less than 4 volts, then the radio speaker wires need to be wired to the amp, else you can wire to the pre-amp output jacks.
( the small round hole is the tweeter )

EDIT: I looked your new radio up on Crutchfield, it does have 4 volt preamp outputs.
I'd still strongly urge her to use the speaker output leads from the Kenwood to drive the amp.

Personally, Ive not seen, at the tech days, any head unit sound right with the 4V output driving the amp.

And I'd caution anyone attempting this to be careful and slow about figuring out the color of the wires from head to amp wiring harness. As I remember it, I think it was strait-forward, but I just don't remember. I went thru two installations at one tech day, I remember sitting down with the Kenwood Manual and the Car's audio system diagram and making a "this color wire to that color wire" chart. Once I did that, sitting down in the car, it was easy to wire up the new unit. But anyone who tries to do it one wire at a time, sitting in the car, with both manuals laid all over - is probably going to get confused.