Old 10-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Iamfink2
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: 11th Annual Fall 2017 -Tail of the Dragon GTG - Oct 5,6,7,8

What can I say it was a great weekend! Lauren and I left the lodge at 4:30am with a little drizzle and a little fog once we headed out Rt 28 from the lodge. Once we hit I-40 the fog thickened and the farther east we traveled the thicker it got but once we got into Virginia and crossed over the mountain the fog was gone. It did slow us down quite a bit and took us about 10 1/2 hours to get home.
It was great seeing everyone again and meeting some new people as well. Lauren had a blast and really like meeting everybody and I think she's trying to push Mickie out of the passenger seat and come along for future Dragons. Everything was great from the gumbo (thanks Crystal and Marc) to the BBQ in Franklyn with Franc and the great hosts that shared their hospitality of their house and food and all the way down the cruises. This was my 21st Dragon and I never think that the next one can get better than the last but they always seem to be. I know my daughter will remember it for rest of her life. See you in the spring!!!