Old 10-23-2017, 01:38 AM
Crystal
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: CAA#9 (Crossfires Across America #9) St. Francisville, LA - May 25, 26, 27, 28 20

If you were truly not trying to be ugly or rude, then you would have approached one of the Planning Team Members to ask your questions, rather than bashing us here publicly. First post in the Forum to come here and bash us really? Okay then. Thank you for the insult, this has actually been very well thought out, but then you never bothered come to one of us with your concerns before assuming.

The Best Western could not accommodate a Common Area for us, so we had to move the Host Hotel location to the B&B. It is actually a fantastic Host Hotel because we will have the whole place to ourselves AND they have a bar where people can order drinks. The BW does not have a bar. There are other hotels in the area, but they have bad reviews. And, many of the rooms at Fontana (Spring & Fall Dragon) are more than a half of a mile from the lodge. The overflow hotel is not far. It is not exclusionary at all. If that is what you think/assumed, then I think that is your problem.

As per you not liking Louisiana, good for you! We have had lots of interest from people around the country. Anyway, Crossfire events are more about the people and the cars, and less about the location. The purpose of CAAs is for it to travel to different parts of the country. From what I understand, the California Group is planning CAA#10, so maybe plan on attending that one. In the meantime, there is still the Spring Dragon and the ES meet in the summer. The location has been chosen and we have a whole lot of support. We understand that we will not make everyone happy, and that is okay.

Originally Posted by Jodymack
This seems like an idea that was not thought out very well. No offense, but when I think about rides to enjoy my crossfire, I don’t think of the swamps of Louisiana. There’s no good curvy winding roads with awesome elevation changes. If you’re wanting to bring in people from across America, you need to have a bit more to offer than a historic area and a host hotel that can only sleep 10 rooms. That sound exclusionary and pretentious given the majority of people would be at the “overflow hotel”. It’s not an “overflow” unless you plan on only 10 people showing up.

Why not not take it out west like Park City, Utah? Give the west coast peeps a chance to participate easily and get some good Rocky Mountain runs in? While ES has been the host for several years, if it’s not going to be there move it someplace that is convenient for the outlying members, not a few hours south.

Not beinging ugly or rude. Just trying to inject a bit of reason behind the planning of this event. I missed this year because of timing and my joining the group, but I was hoping to go next year. Louisiana doesn’t appeal to me unless I want to mudbog in the bayou or getting trashed on bourbon street. I grew up in central MS and went to college in south MS so I have been all over Louisiana and there isn’t a whole lot there.

I vote to move it out west. Rocky Mountain runs are calling and I want to answer and ride with y’all out there.