Old 10-23-2017, 10:06 AM
ewaynec
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: CAA#9 (Crossfires Across America #9) St. Francisville, LA - May 25, 26, 27, 28 20

Originally Posted by Jodymack
This seems like an idea that was not thought out very well. No offense, but when I think about rides to enjoy my crossfire, I don’t think of the swamps of Louisiana. There’s no good curvy winding roads with awesome elevation changes. If you’re wanting to bring in people from across America, you need to have a bit more to offer than a historic area and a host hotel that can only sleep 10 rooms. That sound exclusionary and pretentious given the majority of people would be at the “overflow hotel”. It’s not an “overflow” unless you plan on only 10 people showing up.

Why not not take it out west like Park City, Utah? Give the west coast peeps a chance to participate easily and get some good Rocky Mountain runs in? While ES has been the host for several years, if it’s not going to be there move it someplace that is convenient for the outlying members, not a few hours south.

Not beinging ugly or rude. Just trying to inject a bit of reason behind the planning of this event. I missed this year because of timing and my joining the group, but I was hoping to go next year. Louisiana doesn’t appeal to me unless I want to mudbog in the bayou or getting trashed on bourbon street. I grew up in central MS and went to college in south MS so I have been all over Louisiana and there isn’t a whole lot there.

I vote to move it out west. Rocky Mountain runs are calling and I want to answer and ride with y’all out there.
I must say I agree with most of this, my only difference is the Rocky Mountains. I would love to go there but it's too far.
I have been to this proposed area, and I don't care to return. Sorry Crystal, I'm just giving my opinion, and I don't think it will sway people who want to go. I'm just taking sides with someone who wants to give his opinion.