Old 11-01-2017, 04:05 PM
marlam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What has happen to the UK part of this forum

UK Sid - This part of the forum used to be really lively. You can see it by looking at the older threads, i.e. pre 2015 and especially prior to 2012. All UK meets and regionally relevant info, like which companies were doing the best deals on tyres, where to source different parts etc, were all in this section. Shortly after I got my Crossfire I met up with a guy (through the forum) to take a look at the Crossfire decals that he had got from Andrew - it was a really good resource for UK Crossfire owners. There was also a lot of general chat/comments and the like, but not anymore.

Onehundred80– I suspect that your suspicions may be right and I am not a fan of paying for information that comes from other free sources (if of course that is the case – it may not be). I also think that the pooling of everyone’s knowledge of our cars is better than splintering off into closed regional groups, but that is just my opinion and it would seem that I am in the UK minority. I know that UKCrossfires organise meets, but with the odd exception (Eden Camp this summer), they seem to confine most of their meets to the south of England, which does not work for us.

Interestingly, I was at Eden Camp (a military museum) today, and the first thing that guy at the ticket booth said to me was “we had a load of Crossfires here earlier this year”. I asked if it was the UK club’s meet and he told me that it was and that there were around 18 cars. I reckon that is a pretty good number.