U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

What has happen to the UK part of this forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What has happen to the UK part of this forum

[QUOTE=Steve - UK;899117]What a load of Tosh!
As the founder of The UK Crossfires Club I can tell you proudly, that it is the only Official Club in the UK for the marque.
When Mo and Karl came on board they tried to use their big personalities to muscle in and dictate how things were going to be done - well sorry that did not work.
So Karl went off and set up his amazing group in the North, and Mo did the same in Kent with a few lunch meets etc.
Sour grapes have caused unnecessary grief, and the lies and miss representation has has caused some bitterness on both sides.
No technical info has been stolen - the club simply provides links to other sources of knowledge, just like CICCI and this forum.
The club has a membership subscription just like any other officially recognized club. I do know that £20 is a lot for some people. But its website and information is free.
The UK Crossfires Club has over 350 paid up members and is in contact with over 450 more, showing that you don't have to be a member to be a friend.
So lots of **** stirring by people who don't know anything!
If Mo or Karl wish to contact me personally to go over any points raised - I wait for your contact
Hi its Karl , who am I speaking with.

Old 12-30-2017, 03:06 PM

[QUOTE=Karl2866;899389][QUOTE=Steve - UK;899117]What a load of Tosh!
As the founder of The UK Crossfires Club I can tell you proudly, that it is the only Official Club in the UK for the marque.
When Mo and Karl came on board they tried to use their big personalities to muscle in and dictate how things were going to be done - well sorry that did not work.
So Karl went off and set up his amazing group in the North, and Mo did the same in Kent with a few lunch meets etc.
Sour grapes have caused unnecessary grief, and the lies and miss representation has has caused some bitterness on both sides.
No technical info has been stolen - the club simply provides links to other sources of knowledge, just like CICCI and this forum.
The club has a membership subscription just like any other officially recognized club. I do know that £20 is a lot for some people. But its website and information is free.
The UK Crossfires Club has over 350 paid up members and is in contact with over 450 more, showing that you don't have to be a member to be a friend.
If Mo or Karl wish to contact me personally to go over any points raised - I wait for your contact
Hi its Karl , who am I speaking with. Please note you are NOT an Official Club and that is stated clearly on your website. Furthermore your "Club" refuses to produce a full breakdown of expenditure. That is one of the reasons British Crossfires was set up. When I was on the Committee of your "Club" I asked quite specifically where the money was being spent given the fact there were so many paid up members. 350 members a year is £7000 so I guess you have in the region of at least £28,000. I asked the question where the money was going and I was ignored. So I'm asking again where is the money being spent. I asked the MSA that same question of how a "Club" can basically do what it wants with the members cash. Their reply was as an unofficial Club they can do as they wish with any monies , Committee members whatever, they are accountable to no one but themselves.

Old 12-31-2017, 04:37 AM

ooooooh this is getting interesting lol.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:46 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve - UK
What a load of Tosh!
If Mo or Karl wish to contact me personally to go over any points raised - I wait for your contact!
This made me smile Steve Walsh! Just let me put you right on a few facts,

Firstly, I wasn't, and never have been involved with UK Crossfires Club!! UK Crossfire Group in the early days, yes! The "Club" was set up after I went my own way!

Secondly, It was the so called "committee" of the time that would not listen to any of the group members wishes, and personal insults thrown around by Mike Darby and Anne Roberts (which she is still doing to this day) were the reason I went my own way.

Thirdly, UK Crossfire Owners IS the largest owners group in the UK with nearly 500 members nationwide (not just in Kent) and it also now has a growing international following. I am sure you must be aware that a very high number of "Club" members are also members of UK Crossfire Owners!! After all it's not a competition is it?? Don't think anyone is really interested in "We have more members than you".

Finally, Why the hell would I wish to contact you??? I have made many attempts at drawing a line under this silly bickering and every time had it thrown back in my face! even on one occasion had a threat of physical violence! Lucky for Mike Darby he was absolutely tanked up on booze when making the threat so I let it go! Many witnesses to that one!!! It's a great shame that the "club" has not been willing to resolve all of this, after all, isn't it all about the common interest in the cars?

As for irregularities with your club finances, official or not official, I don't care, got nothing to do with me!

Anyway, hope you have a great New Year.

Kind regards, Mo

Last edited by UK-SRT6; 12-31-2017 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:09 AM

[QUOTE=UK-SRT6;899414]This made me smile Steve Walsh! Just let me put you right on a few facts,

Firstly, I wasn't, and never have been involved with UK Crossfires Club!! UK Crossfire Group in the early days, yes! The "Club" was set up after I went my own way!

Secondly, It was the so called "committee" of the time that would not listen to any of the group members wishes, and personal insults thrown around by Mike Darby and Anne Roberts (which she is still doing to this day) were the reason I went my own way.

Thirdly, UK Crossfire Owners IS the largest owners group in the UK with nearly 500 members nationwide (not just in Kent) and it also now has a growing international following. I am sure you must be aware that a very high number of "Club" members are also members of UK Crossfire Owners!! After all it's not a competition is it?? Don't think anyone is really interested in "We have more members than you".

Finally, Why the hell would I wish to contact you??? I have made many attempts at drawing a line under this silly bickering and every time had it thrown back in my face! even on one occasion had a threat of physical violence! Lucky for Mike Darby he was absolutely tanked up on booze when making the threat so I let it go! Many witnesses to that one!!! It's a great shame that the "club" has not been willing to resolve all of this, after all, isn't it all about the common interest in the cars?

As for irregularities with your club finances, official or not official, I don't care, got nothing to do with me!

Anyway, hope you have a great New Year.

Kind regards, Mo

Well said Mo I feel for the members paying £20 for basically nothing. However with 2018 fast approaching we at British Crossfires are looking forward to attending your events and hopefully vice versa with ours. Happy New Year