Old 11-20-2017, 08:24 PM
grip grip
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Gauging interest in M113K swaps for under 10K - turnkey

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
Hey Woody, To answer you with a portion of the bottom end modifications. SL55 engine torn down with 27,000 mile's. The Alusil cylinder bore's were bored out to allow for cast iron cylinder sleeves. This allows for greater pressures and temperatures. Custom made BWE forged pistons with 4 ring land groove's with thermal and friction coatings. Made to withstand the pressures of the Weistec 3 liter supercharger and NOS safe if I desire to spray later. Custom made CP-Carrillo rods with multiphase CARR fasteners. Crank work. Then rotational mechanic has to balance out all moving bottom end. Bearings and such replaced. New smaller bottom end parts replaced. There's also assembley cost for the bottom end. Then the top end mod's get real pricy. So over all,Grip Grip's friend is offering a good value price for a V-8 supercharger engine and transmission swap. Just for a good read,check out Hot Rod Network requiring BWE (Bruce Walker Enterprise) to prove there piston and gapless piston rings horse power gains> Childs & Albert's Zero-Gap Second Ring-Piston Ring Technology. Squirrel Crusher

Wow, you're not f'ing around. A Weistec on that little car should be 9's if you were so inclined. A SL55 with stock blower and no spray is running 10.1's on MBWorld, and your XF is a few hundred pounds lighter. The only thing I hate about installing the Renntech (Kenne Belle) supercharger on my car is that it hides under the ugly intercooler and engine cover. That's not the case with the Weistec, as it's all Mad Max right in your face. I'm jelly. If I go with the M113K swap, there's a world of opportunity for modding, and the car should be easy mid to low 10's without a SC swap or spray.