All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Gauging interest in M113K swaps for under 10K - turnkey

Old 11-19-2017, 02:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Gauging interest in M113K swaps for under 10K - turnkey

Are any of you interested in a M113K swap and willing to shell out 10K for it?

I've been looking into the swap for my SLK55, and I ran into a shop that has performed a few of these swaps recently. The shop will supply the motor, tranny, misc parts, labor, and tuning for a full OEM looking swap for around 10K. As with a few others, the downside is no working ESP or cruise control.

Anyone willing to shell out that kind of money for a swap?

Sorry, but I don't want to mention the specific shop just yet, as this is just a feeler.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:24 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Gauging interest in M113K swaps for under 10K - turnkey

Interesting, a supercharged V8 swap for half price...........I'm tempted.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:33 PM

Here's some pics of his daily C55 AMG, which he swapped the supercharged V8 into. This company has a website, and videos of other supercharged V8 swaps, so this isn't anything new to them. Keep in mind, you can keep your engine and tranny to recoup some of the costs.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't want to pop anyones hopes bubble of a V-8 mod,but $10,000 wouldn't even come close to what I put into just the engine's bottom end. Squirrel Crusher

Old 11-20-2017, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
Don't want to pop anyones hopes bubble of a V-8 mod,but $10,000 wouldn't even come close to what I put into just the engine's bottom end. Squirrel Crusher
This pricing does't include any bottom end work, this is a full swap (OEM for OEM) and it's under 10K. Are you implying this is fantasy? I've had lengthy conversations with the shop that does the conversions and that's the price.

Last edited by grip grip; 11-20-2017 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:01 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Gauging interest in M113K swaps for under 10K - turnkey

What is 10k in the bottom end?? Woody

Old 11-20-2017, 11:49 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Subscribing to thread here.

Old 11-20-2017, 03:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Half price seems like a good as* deal to me

Old 11-20-2017, 04:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you know what they consider as the maximum number of miles on the donor engine for it to be considered worthy of the swap?

Old 11-20-2017, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by dinasrt
Do you know what they consider as the maximum number of miles on the donor engine for it to be considered worthy of the swap?
Not yet. He did mention in the past he's contacted the buyer with the engine info for approval.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:13 PM

La , la , laàaaa , just following along!

Old 11-20-2017, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by grip grip
This pricing does't include any bottom end work, this is a full swap (OEM for OEM) and it's under 10K. Are you implying this is fantasy? I've had lengthy conversations with the shop that does the conversions and that's the price.
Hey,Not implying this is a fantasy. I would say,Go 4 It!! It's a great base price to get you back on the road with a V-8. I just hope they can get a good supply of donor engine's. Then when budget allows,change out the transmission,front springs,front sway bar,cooling upgrade, fuel upgrade,and front brakes. At that price,the shop should get good business. Squirrel Crusher

Old 11-20-2017, 07:14 PM

Hey,Not implying this is a fantasy. I would say,Go 4 It!! It's a great base price to get you back on the road with a V-8. I just hope they can get a good supply of donor engine's. Then when budget allows,change out the transmission,front springs,front sway bar,cooling upgrade, fuel upgrade,and front brakes. At that price,the shop should get good business. Squirrel Crusher

Well, the fuel pump, heat exchanger, HE pump, SC'd V8 tranny, etc are included. The brakes, front springs, and sway bar aren't, but those could easily be changed by the owner as money allowed on their own.

Personally I don't have a lot to gain on this, since I already have a V8 in my car and a supercharger on the way. However, with the price being so affordable, I was hoping there would be enough interest to start a group buy and get the pricing down even further. We'll see.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by grip grip
Well, the fuel pump, heat exchanger, HE pump, SC'd V8 tranny, etc are included. The brakes, front springs, and sway bar aren't, but those could easily be changed by the owner as money allowed on their own.

Personally I don't have a lot to gain on this, since I already have a V8 in my car and a supercharger on the way. However, with the price being so affordable, I was hoping there would be enough interest to start a group buy and get the pricing down even further. We'll see.

how is many people would it take it make it a group buy/potentially drop price further. Definitely following closely

Old 11-20-2017, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by waldig
What is 10k in the bottom end?? Woody
Hey Woody, To answer you with a portion of the bottom end modifications. SL55 engine torn down with 27,000 mile's. The Alusil cylinder bore's were bored out to allow for cast iron cylinder sleeves. This allows for greater pressures and temperatures. Custom made BWE forged pistons with 4 ring land groove's with thermal and friction coatings. Made to withstand the pressures of the Weistec 3 liter supercharger and NOS safe if I desire to spray later. Custom made CP-Carrillo rods with multiphase CARR fasteners. Crank work. Then rotational mechanic has to balance out all moving bottom end. Bearings and such replaced. New smaller bottom end parts replaced. There's also assembley cost for the bottom end. Then the top end mod's get real pricy. So over all,Grip Grip's friend is offering a good value price for a V-8 supercharger engine and transmission swap. Just for a good read,check out Hot Rod Network requiring BWE (Bruce Walker Enterprise) to prove there piston and gapless piston rings horse power gains> Childs & Albert's Zero-Gap Second Ring-Piston Ring Technology. Squirrel Crusher

Old 11-20-2017, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by gblack32
how is many people would it take it make it a group buy/potentially drop price further. Definitely following closely
We need five people total to get the pricing down to 8K.

Last edited by grip grip; 11-20-2017 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:24 PM

Hey Woody, To answer you with a portion of the bottom end modifications. SL55 engine torn down with 27,000 mile's. The Alusil cylinder bore's were bored out to allow for cast iron cylinder sleeves. This allows for greater pressures and temperatures. Custom made BWE forged pistons with 4 ring land groove's with thermal and friction coatings. Made to withstand the pressures of the Weistec 3 liter supercharger and NOS safe if I desire to spray later. Custom made CP-Carrillo rods with multiphase CARR fasteners. Crank work. Then rotational mechanic has to balance out all moving bottom end. Bearings and such replaced. New smaller bottom end parts replaced. There's also assembley cost for the bottom end. Then the top end mod's get real pricy. So over all,Grip Grip's friend is offering a good value price for a V-8 supercharger engine and transmission swap. Just for a good read,check out Hot Rod Network requiring BWE (Bruce Walker Enterprise) to prove there piston and gapless piston rings horse power gains> Childs & Albert's Zero-Gap Second Ring-Piston Ring Technology. Squirrel Crusher

Wow, you're not f'ing around. A Weistec on that little car should be 9's if you were so inclined. A SL55 with stock blower and no spray is running 10.1's on MBWorld, and your XF is a few hundred pounds lighter. The only thing I hate about installing the Renntech (Kenne Belle) supercharger on my car is that it hides under the ugly intercooler and engine cover. That's not the case with the Weistec, as it's all Mad Max right in your face. I'm jelly. If I go with the M113K swap, there's a world of opportunity for modding, and the car should be easy mid to low 10's without a SC swap or spray.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:06 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Sounds like an upgrade to the Turbo'd Crossfire!

Guy's name isn't Corky by chance is it!??

Old 11-20-2017, 11:23 PM

This guy's actually got completed cars running around as daily drivers, so I don't think we'll get Corkied this time.

I'm also willing to bite the bullet and be the test subject, and hopefully it will take only a couple years. Haha

Wow, you certainly are a good sport about that debacle.

Last edited by grip grip; 11-21-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:47 AM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

all sounds interesting, but , I too am a little concerned ,,that that price is way too low, as i have the v8 in my car and a srt 6 that we are putting a V8 into,, the cost of a good low mileage engine with tranny and wiring harness + ecu is around 6 to 8000. wholesale.( yes you can buy a wreaked car with all that in it for 3 to 6000. because this is part chrysler it is not the same like putting a v8 into another Mercedes. example for a mercedes V8 to fit into a Crossfire you need to change the steering ,or use three different oil pan pieces for it to fit.
I think once they have your car ,the price will go past 20,000.00 before you get it back sense I got my V8 I have been involved in building two more, both in south Florida and both with Rudy's help , in fact the 05 srt 6 we are building now will go up for sale when finished ,make me a real offer in interested. to me ,,you want it done right call me or Rudy. jim