View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 10:43 AM
Padgett
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: OBDII scanner recommendations

Personally prefer Torque Pro for all around, check any car, use. Have a mag mount on the dash for my cell phone and display things that the manufacturer prefers no to (like volts).

Have been looking for something "more" and thei is the first I've seen verified that the iCarsoft MBII i980 can reset the ABS light on a 2007. Do you need to tell it anything special to read/reset the Crossfire.

Personally I tend to fixate on drivetrains. For years it was Pontiac 400s and 421s (though Sunbird had a SBC). Then it was 3800s and still have a pair of Reattae (coupe and convertible). This century it is M112s and have a '07 Crossfire Coupe and an '01 SLK320. Odd man out is the Jeep (DOHC V6 but same transmission family as the SLK...)

So for my GM cars I have Moates adapters and Tuner Pro but for the later stuff just have Torque Pro (Carly Pro is the best MB software but only works with later drivetrains).

Have heard good things about the iCarSoft but can that model save logs onto a PC ? OTOH if it can reset the airbag light then I'll but one.

Thanks dedwards for posting., I've had a hard time deciding since few will cover both the SLK and the Crossfire even though they are the same chassis.

Too bad the roadster isn't a retractible hardtop. The astute may note the Crossfire wheels, it came with 16s. These fill the wheelwells a lot better (but the Crossfire with a six speed is a far better track day/autocross car)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
clearsidexf.jpg (150.4 KB, 30 views)