Old 12-22-2017, 02:01 PM
king happy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Building lightweight Lithium car battery 10lbs!

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
how thin can they be made, I am wanting to change out the capacitor behind passenger seat, been thinking about a odyssey pc680 7" x 3" x 7.5" and either just hooking strict to the agm under hood or with a battery isolator.
using for my stereo, always used batteries before been trying capacitors but not much luck, with only this one smaller battery will probably have to hook to battery and not with isolator.
ideas for me with the lithium?
or if I change the agm under hood to the lithium and have the better capacity and discharge rate would help the stereo but the risk of cold Temps and battery problems not good for me, since I am 2 - 4 hours from home every week, and would suck if went out on go home day
trying to make sure i understand your question properly . you are using an additional booster battery or capacitor for your high draw stereo ? if that is the case you could build a thin one , mount it behind seat and hook it to main battery thru an acr relay that would connect batteries when engine running but disconnect when engine shuts off .

or build one that has 18 cells instead of 12 . this gives you 50% more capacity . plus these will supply higher voltage to your system so your amps will put out more power ( you'll notice lots of manufactures rate their amp output watts @ 14.0v input )

feel free to pm me or call and we can go over options (i used to install large commercial sound systems so have a fairly good knowledge of audio)

mike