Thread: Cicci???
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 08:24 AM
onehundred80
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: Cicci???

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Note: InfernoRedXfire (Dan) is the treasurer of CICCI . . .

Really?

I am the last officially elected President of CICCI. I resigned in frustration back in December of 2015 . . .

On the subject of CICCI here's a little current information . . . On behalf of Crossfire Fun in the Ozarks (Round 3) scheduled for June 24th - 28th 2018, Gary Wemple (Valk) requested some financial support / assistance from CICCI for the two group meals that we have planned. His request was quickly and firmly rejected! The most recently available CICCI financial information (from way back in June 2016) indicated there was $6,783.71 remaining in the CICCI treasury. It seems, however, that the CICCI Board of Directors has decided they would rather donate those remaining monies (which of course all came from Crossfire owners) to a charity rather than use it to provide any support for this (or any other) Crossfire event . . . Go figure . . .
While there is plenty I can say about my personal experience with CICCI . . . enough said for here. The Board of Directors is planning to shut down CICCI by the end of February 2018.
If I was a member in good standing I would want a portion of my dues back and not have it donated to a charity to which I had no part in deciding especially if it was associated with some religion or cause I had strong feelings against. Many charities have expenses that far exceed the monies given to the cause they claim to support.
By my calculations the balance on hand is the dues money of 270 odd members as nothing seems to have been done lately and there seems to have been little in the way of accountability of dollars coming in and going out these people deserve their money back. Maybe the BoD find it easier to dispose of the money in a lump sum gather than mail money back to members who had trust in their judgement, after all that may involve some work such as when people tried to join and their membership money was never touched but they never heard why.