-C-I-C-C-I Discussion The place for members and those interested in joining the Club.

Cicci???

Old 01-07-2018, 10:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Cicci???

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Note: InfernoRedXfire (Dan) is the treasurer of CICCI . . .

Note my role as treasurer, I prepare annual budgets (based on previous history and committee's input) and report bank balance @ BoD meetings. I do not have authority to write checks or have control how $ is distributed.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The last BOD meeting posted to the site was back in June 2017 and mentioned a restructuring of the Club.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:15 AM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

I took the time this morning to express my concern that CICCI's Board of Directors may be making a unilateral decision to distribute remaining funds to charity if &/or when they disband the organization. If you have similar concerns about this issue, then consider providing your feedback to CICCI on this thread I started: CLICK

Old 01-10-2018, 09:49 AM
Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Closing of CICCI is not just sad for the members and BOD, but detrimental to the CrossFire as a historical interesting automobile. As an "International" organization I would hope the CICCI website control could be shifted to the UK club, or at the least as a link to their website/organization. I would hope some of the money in the tresuary could be used to help in this transition. Anyone looking for information on the Crossfire should have a place to find accurate info and a contact point.
I also hope the documentation as to Vin numbers and other historical information is not lost! To this end I would suggest the BOD pass this info to the UK club, Canadian clubs and any other organization which could help in it's preservation AND find it a permanent location in a thread on the Crossfire Forum website.
Thank you to all those who started the Club and those who maintained it through the years.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zip439
Closing of CICCI is not just sad for the members and BOD, but detrimental to the CrossFire as a historical interesting automobile. As an "International" organization I would hope the CICCI website control could be shifted to the UK club, or at the least as a link to their website/organization. I would hope some of the money in the tresuary could be used to help in this transition. Anyone looking for information on the Crossfire should have a place to find accurate info and a contact point.
I also hope the documentation as to Vin numbers and other historical information is not lost! To this end I would suggest the BOD pass this info to the UK club, Canadian clubs and any other organization which could help in it's preservation AND find it a permanent location in a thread on the Crossfire Forum website.
Thank you to all those who started the Club and those who maintained it through the years.

Thanks Zip. Hopefully the UK club or some other group will continue to preserve the valuable information. As you may know (or not) CICCI created the database when Julian (who created .org) was selling .org. The thought was, if .org were to ever go away, CICCI would have all the information for Crossfire owners and it would be available to the public, not just for members.

CICCI will provide seed money for an approved group to take over the name CICCI but they will need to recreate a website and establish their own legal non-profit organization under the government terms which it's established.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's my 2 cents since i started this thread while attempting to become a member of this organization. since it seems that only members can get to a good portion of the website, i never knew that this organization was pretty much in limbo and apparently mothballed. it would have been nice to know before i sent in an application and my check (uncashed to this date and no email with information or return of the check). from everything i have read from apparently current and former members i shouldn't be very surprised but it certainly would have been appropriate if things were being put on hold for the club to remove that solicitation of new member, remove the access to the application page and payment information, etc. while i am completely unaware of both the good and bad about the organization other than what i can extrapolate from various threads, it seems that things deteriorated and just weren't handled appropriately and apparently seem to continue along that same path even in dissolving. sorry to see any organization that has the intention of furthering the benefits of ownership of any particular vehicle fade out as each and every piece of automotive history should be preserved by avid enthusiasts to insure perpetuation of the automotive interest as something other than a means of getting from one point to another.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:07 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by srs244
here's my 2 cents since i started this thread while attempting to become a member of this organization. since it seems that only members can get to a good portion of the website, i never knew that this organization was pretty much in limbo and apparently mothballed. it would have been nice to know before i sent in an application and my check (uncashed to this date and no email with information or return of the check). from everything i have read from apparently current and former members i shouldn't be very surprised but it certainly would have been appropriate if things were being put on hold for the club to remove that solicitation of new member, remove the access to the application page and payment information, etc. while i am completely unaware of both the good and bad about the organization other than what i can extrapolate from various threads, it seems that things deteriorated and just weren't handled appropriately and apparently seem to continue along that same path even in dissolving. sorry to see any organization that has the intention of furthering the benefits of ownership of any particular vehicle fade out as each and every piece of automotive history should be preserved by avid enthusiasts to insure perpetuation of the automotive interest as something other than a means of getting from one point to another.
You started this thread and summed it all up very neatly.
It is sad to see a good idea fail, we are all at fault in a way as the site never got any interesting topics to discuss. Not bothered to get involved we left the board to do as it pleased and only complained when they inevitably looked inward and forgot all else.