View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 02:47 PM
dedwards0323
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts
Default Re: CICCI Disbanding?

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The club could have done good but in the end it seemed that there was a club within the club.
Now this probably was a fact and nearly always occurs within any organization (and I would say especially car clubs). This alone isn't necessarily a bad thing as it typically happens because there is a small group of individuals that take an active part in the club's proceedings. If you have the same group of individuals always in the "seats of power" so-to-speak, it gets perceived as "cliquish" to those of us that don't take an active role. Some of that exists even within the CrossfireForum.org group of owners. Not being judgmental; just stating a perception.

While I'm not defending the awards given out at Carlisle, it is fairly common that the same individuals win every year because the same group of attendees show up every year. It happened when I belonged to the Merkur Club because of that very fact. And the only fact that normalized the awards back then, was 100-125 cars showed up every year - there was one year we had 200 attendees! I was part of that result for two reasons: 1) We took 2 XR4Tis to Ford Carlisle nearly every year, and 2) my cars (all 3 of them) were near pristine for 15+ year old vehicles.

Now back in 2013, I took my 2007 Coupe to Carlisle and placed 3rd in my stock class. I did feel somewhat slighted because I think my Crossfire Coupe is near "showroom condition", both back then & even today. But I also recognize that my opinion is ever so slightly slanted in my direction. Was there much disparity between 1st & 3rd? Hardly none at all - all three cars receiving awards were in excellent condition & presented well. As a so-call "newcomer", I got 3rd Place. Those that voted & knew other fellow car owners probably voted for their friends - I would have & have done so before. I will tell you that I got very frustrated explaining over & over to Crossfire attendees that year that the Machine Gray color of my coupe was a factory color. There were quite a few attendees that year that swore that was a false statement and I had my car re-painted. But you know what, I still have to explain that fact today to Crossfire owners that have never seen a Machine Gray version. Hell, I had the folks at Dr Colorchip tell me that Machine Gray & Graphite Gray have the same formulation - it was only a name change by Chrysler with the 2006 model year. Yeah, Right!!!

Last edited by dedwards0323; 01-09-2018 at 03:04 PM.