-C-I-C-C-I Discussion The place for members and those interested in joining the Club.

CICCI Disbanding?

Old 01-08-2018, 08:07 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts
Default CICCI Disbanding?

I took the time this morning to express my concern that CICCI's Board of Directors may be making a unilateral decision to distribute remaining funds to charity if &/or when they disband the organization. If you have similar concerns about this issue, then consider providing your feedback to CICCI on this thread I started: CLICK

Old 01-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: CICCI Disbanding?

I joined CICCI and paid dues for the benefit of all members of the organization, not as a charitable fund raising organization.
If I desire to contribute to charity, I will personally choose the charity and amount of contribution.
When CICCI disbands, the only honorable thing to do is to split up the treasury between the members in good standing at the time.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:16 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
I joined CICCI and paid dues for the benefit of all members of the organization, not as a charitable fund raising organization.
If I desire to contribute to charity, I will personally choose the charity and amount of contribution.
When CICCI disbands, the only honorable thing to do is to split up the treasury between the members in good standing at the time.
I can think of a deserving charity, me.
I agree with you 100%
A full accounting of the money should be published as well.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:50 AM
Forum Regular
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't have much of a dog in this fight. I only paid dues when I joined and was never billed again. Just hate to see the group disbanded.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Shamrock
I don't have much of a dog in this fight. I only paid dues when I joined and was never billed again. Just hate to see the group disbanded.
I’m with Shamrock; I have no horse in this race, but am saddened to see CICCI disband.
Although not a current member, I’ve enjoyed their support of ToD BBQs and most recently the 2017 WWDC Fri night BBQ. A CICCI donated brick proudly resides at the former Chrysler Museum.
Many thanks to Ray, Valk, Tony, FP and others over the years for the significant personal time & effort committed to the organization. I’m sure some of the background drama would qualify for a reality TV series.
With regard to remaining funds, it is well with any BoD scope of authority to dispose of assets as they see fit, and as Ray points out, it is against the law to give $ to anything but another 501c organization.
If any .org members are truly upset by the CICCI dissolution, they can always step into the shoes of the outgoing board members.
dedwards0323 - You’re upset over the disbursement of funds yet you haven’t been a CICCI member for over 6 and a half years? Hmmmmmm

Old 01-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dennis, your membership lapsed 6/2/2011 so you do not have a vested interest in the closure of the club. As Ray stated, "new enthusiasts wishing to takeover the club in the form a new corporation can reach out to the Board by February 1st."

So, renew your membership and go for it!

Old 01-09-2018, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Dennis, your membership lapsed 6/2/2011 so you do not have a vested interest in the closure of the club. As Ray stated, "new enthusiasts wishing to takeover the club in the form a new corporation can reach out to the Board by February 1st."

So, renew your membership and go for it!
Letting my membership lapse is clearly my responsibility. But in all fairness, CICCI is the only organization I have ever belonged to that didn't notify me that my membership was up for renewal - at least I don't recall receiving any notification. So I will consider renewing my membership by paying any past dues incurred. (Note: Paying any back dues is not an option at this point with the information in the thread on CICCI website highlighted below.)

Last edited by dedwards0323; 01-09-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:02 AM

There is a thread on the CICCI website that explains the Closing of CICCI: CLICK.

I do have to admit that my interest over the years has leaned heavily towards the CrossfireForum.org website rather than the CICCI website. Can't even recall the last time I went to the CICCI website for anything other than the latest issue. And I suspect that is true for most others. With that lack of interest or participation or whatever anyone wants to call it the past few years, the CICCI organization was earmarked for closure. We have no one to blame but ourselves. My $0.02.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 01-09-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
There is a thread on the CICCI website that explains the Closing of CICCI: CLICK.

I do have to admit that my interest over the years has leaned heavily towards the CrossfireForum.org website rather than the CICCI website. Can't even recall the last time I went to the CICCI website for anything other than the latest issue. And I suspect that is true for most others. With that lack of interest or participation or whatever anyone wants to call it the past few years, the CICCI organization was earmarked for closure. We have no one to blame but ourselves. My $0.02.
If you have been struck of the list as I have then you cannot access the site, you may have not paid your dues for years but you are still a member in good standing.
Just goes to show how efficiently this club was run, only naughty people got drummed out at once.
I would just love to see the Carlisle winners, same names most of the time as I recall and special awards for some.
I say good riddance to a good idea gone wrong.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onehundred80
If you have been struck of the list as I have then you cannot access the site, you may have not paid your dues for years but you are still a member in good standing.
Just goes to show how efficiently this club was run, only naughty people got drummed out at once.
I would just love to see the Carlisle winners, same names most of the time as I recall and special awards for some.
I say good riddance to a good idea gone wrong.
As far as the Carlisle awards, the cars are voted on not just by other Crossfire owners but of owners of other cars in our class, usually Vipers, Prowlers, PT. Cruisers and a few other cars. So the club can't hand pick who wins. When it comes to the Club awards, that's where just Crossfire owners vote on our cars, we exclude board member cars.

You've been talking s*** about us and the club from day one , I meet you at Woodward a few yours back, funny how you didn't have much to say. That's fine, you remind me of friends I hung out with as a teen, they would get a few drinks in them and all of a sudden they grew *****.. Don't assume that your always right, because you not.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323

Thank you for posting the link.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by acrispy1
As far as the Carlisle awards, the cars are voted on not just by other Crossfire owners but of owners of other cars in our class, usually Vipers, Prowlers, PT. Cruisers and a few other cars. So the club can't hand pick who wins. When it comes to the Club awards, that's where just Crossfire owners vote on our Cars, we exclude board member cars.

You've been talking s*** about us and the club from day one , I meet you at Woodward a few yours back, funny how you didn't have much to say. That's fine, you remind me of friends I hung out with as a teen, they would get a few drinks in them and all of a sudden they grew *****.. Don't assume that your always right, because you not.
I did not have anything to say as I cannot say you were of any interest to me.
I joined the club for a couple of years and a board member, blueice I believe, said I had written somewhere that Facebook was for losers, I never said it at all and quit the club.

A club that could not keep track of who had paid and who had not seems poorly run, I had to ask if my membership had lapsed at one point never having received a renewal notice.

The club could have done good but in the end it seemed that there was a club within the club.
I complained at one time that the Documentation thread was being cloned in the CICCI site and would not be accessible by non members, I believe it was Valk who saw the wrong of this and opened it to non members.

I hardly ever went to the CICCI site as it was boring with hardly any thing of any interest. It was as bad as that other Crossfire forum that failed years ago.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I joined the club for a couple of years and a board member, blueice I believe, said I had written somewhere that Facebook was for losers, I never said it at all and quit the club.

A club that could not keep track of who had paid and who had not seems poorly run, I had to ask if my membership had lapsed at one point never having received a renewal notice.

The club could have done good but in the end it seemed that there was a club within the club.
I complained at one time that the Documentation thread was being cloned in the CICCI site and would not be accessible by non members, I believe it was Valk who saw the wrong of this and opened it to non members.

I hardly ever went to the CICCI site as it was boring with hardly any thing of any interest. It was as bad as that other Crossfire forum that failed years ago.

David,

Your join date: 11/09/2009
Your last renewal 4/15/2014
Your membership lapsed on 4/30/2015

You lack a fundamental understanding of the difference between a club and a website - your posts are full of revisionist history and blatant untruths. You don't know anything about how the club was run. You're clique perception is crap. Your perception on how money is spent is crap. And, there is far more to what transpired with leadership which does not reqire an airing out here.

For the record you were posting cynical crap about the club long before Bloo joined the board - so please don't pin your anti social behaviour on her.

Outside the service index your posts are oddly self-serving BS - it is what you know; a troll is going to do - what a troll always does.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:04 PM

You may have miss understood, I didn't expect you to speak to me because I'm interesting but because you wanted to make your complaints to a founding board member in person, which you knew I was, instead of using your keyboard. I'll stick with my friends growing ***** after they had a few drinks analogy.
As far as certain things not be available to non members, we did speak about that. We felt that it wouldn't be fair to paying members if non paying members got the same benefits. Just like being a member of AAA or in your case CAA, not everyone gets a tow, you need to be a member.
As far as a club within a club, if that was the case we wouldn't shut it down. At this point, after so many years our intentions were always that the club would have people step up, that would work well together and take it forward.
As far as the forum being boring and uninteresting, you only have yourself to blame, if you were on it would have been interesting.

By the way, you may be hallucinating. When were you on the board?

This will be my last post to you, I hate going back and forth using the keyboard, it would have been so much nicer if you lived around the coroner so we could have a few words face to face. And not because I'm interesting.
Enjoy, however you enjoy your day, maybe have a drink or two. I may not be interesting but I have other more important things to do than waste my time going back and forth with you.

Last edited by acrispy1; 01-09-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by acrispy1
You may have miss understood, I didn't expect you to speak to me because I'm interesting but because you wanted to make your complaints to a founding board member in person, which you knew I was, instead of using your keyboard. I'll stick with my friends growing ***** after they had a few drinks analogy.
As far as certain things not be available to non members, we did speak about that. We felt that it wouldn't be fair to paying members if non paying members got the same benefits. Just like being a member of AAA or in your case CAA, not everyone gets a tow, you need to be a member.
As far as a club within a club, if that was the case we wouldn't shut it down. At this point, after so many years our intentions were always that the club would have people step up, that would work well together and take it forward.
As far as the forum being boring and uninteresting, you only have yourself to blame, if you were on it would have been interesting.

By the way, you may be hallucinating. When were you on the board?

This will be my last post to you, I hate going back and forth using the keyboard, it would have been so much nicer if you lived around the coroner so we could have a few words face to face. And not because I'm interesting.
Enjoy, however you enjoy your day, maybe have a drink or two. I may not be interesting but I have other more important things to do than waste my time going back and forth with you.
I was referring to the Crossfire Documentation thread, nothing else.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:56 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts

Well, THAT was fun.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:47 PM

Now this probably was a fact and nearly always occurs within any organization (and I would say especially car clubs). This alone isn't necessarily a bad thing as it typically happens because there is a small group of individuals that take an active part in the club's proceedings. If you have the same group of individuals always in the "seats of power" so-to-speak, it gets perceived as "cliquish" to those of us that don't take an active role. Some of that exists even within the CrossfireForum.org group of owners. Not being judgmental; just stating a perception.

While I'm not defending the awards given out at Carlisle, it is fairly common that the same individuals win every year because the same group of attendees show up every year. It happened when I belonged to the Merkur Club because of that very fact. And the only fact that normalized the awards back then, was 100-125 cars showed up every year - there was one year we had 200 attendees! I was part of that result for two reasons: 1) We took 2 XR4Tis to Ford Carlisle nearly every year, and 2) my cars (all 3 of them) were near pristine for 15+ year old vehicles.

Now back in 2013, I took my 2007 Coupe to Carlisle and placed 3rd in my stock class. I did feel somewhat slighted because I think my Crossfire Coupe is near "showroom condition", both back then & even today. But I also recognize that my opinion is ever so slightly slanted in my direction. Was there much disparity between 1st & 3rd? Hardly none at all - all three cars receiving awards were in excellent condition & presented well. As a so-call "newcomer", I got 3rd Place. Those that voted & knew other fellow car owners probably voted for their friends - I would have & have done so before. I will tell you that I got very frustrated explaining over & over to Crossfire attendees that year that the Machine Gray color of my coupe was a factory color. There were quite a few attendees that year that swore that was a false statement and I had my car re-painted. But you know what, I still have to explain that fact today to Crossfire owners that have never seen a Machine Gray version. Hell, I had the folks at Dr Colorchip tell me that Machine Gray & Graphite Gray have the same formulation - it was only a name change by Chrysler with the 2006 model year. Yeah, Right!!!

Last edited by dedwards0323; 01-09-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:12 PM

...you may have not paid your dues for years but you are still a member in good standing.
Now that is both weird & true!!!

Old 01-10-2018, 09:28 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Crossfire_Facebutt_Forum..??? This is why I never joined Facebook or ANY organization. I want to thank the CICCI website people (club) for the tech manuals on our cars for us non-members. They have proven invaluable to me with some issues I have had and continue to have with my Xfires.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
Crossfire_Facebutt_Forum..??? This is why I never joined Facebook or ANY organization. I want to thank the CICCI website people (club) for the tech manuals on our cars for us non-members. They have proven invaluable to me with some issues I have had and continue to have with my Xfires.
I am afraid you are putting the cart before the horse, CICCI mirrors the documentation found on this site, they did not come up with most if any of the posted items. It is possible that they added to the .org list and were also CICCI members.
The .org site is maintained by MMZ_TimeLord and has been for years, before CICCI was formed even.
Initially when this copied info was added to the CICCI site it was to be locked away from non members, I told Valk that this was not too ethical and he agreed and this portion of the CICCI site was made available to anyone.

So your thanks are misplaced, thank the contributors on the .org site for their contributions.

Quick Reply: CICCI Disbanding?