Old 02-19-2018, 08:40 AM
MiamiTVR
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: 2005 crossfire limited roadster 22,000 miles,

Originally Posted by jrmirsh1
I towed my crossfire behind my motorhome yesterday on my car dolly. Front wheel up on dolly and rear wheels on ground. Key was in ignition and on and car in neutral, spun tires going up on dolly and towed for 100 miles. Took car off of dolly and drove it home. No warning lights on dash and car ran fine except when you start off and give it gas it seems to have a jerk going from first to second gear. also does the same thing when slowing down . Car has never done this before so what did I do to it by towing it? Any ideas would help me greatly? New to the forum so I hope I'm doing this right. Thanks
I am sorry to hear of your difficultly and do feel your pain. I know this does not help but it reminds me of when I bought my last Crossfire. Just over an hour after purchase I was stuck on the side of an interstate with a blow out and very spotty cell phone coverage with the temperature in the ninties.

I turned away the wrecker the highway patrol called which arrived after a nearly three hour wait because it was going to tow my car with the rear wheels on the ground. The addtional wait was apparently worth it.

If it turns out the transmission was damaged others will benefit by your having shared this. Thank you and good luck.

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 02-19-2018 at 08:49 AM.