View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 09:43 AM
dedwards0323
Received 538 Likes on 426 Posts
Default Re: New Crossfire '07 Limited Owner

Originally Posted by JCK
I'm going thru the endless links on fixing/replacing things now. lol Thanks, Steve!

180, I see the function for resetting the oil light, but I'm looking for how you access the feature on the odometer itself that tells you how many quarts low you are. You familiar with what I'm talking about? The manual says to just press the odometer stick to the left of the odometer when sitting on a flat surface, wait 7 seconds, and it should tell you this info where your mileage is. All I'm getting is the double wrenches on it though. Could it be that I need to have them reset that function when I take her in for her first general tune up?

Any ideas appreciated!
Congrats on your recent purchase & welcome to our Forum.

I've attached the specific page from the 2007 Owners Manual pertaining to the Oil Level Indicator Light. Your description above only has part of the steps required to get the oil level to show. You have to press the **** to the left of the ODO 2x shortly (within 1 second & not too quick) after the 7 seconds when the FSS symbol appears. The double wrenches also indicates that Maintenance Schedule "B" is either upcoming or late. You can reset the FSS yourself w/o assistance from a service tech. I just performed on oil change within the past couple of days & reset the FSS on my car. We all do this when performing oil changes ourselves.

I've never tried to get the Oil Level Indicator to appear. Always just pulled the dipstick to check oil level. However, I did get the "HI" Oil Level Warning to appear after my initial oil change followed by our 1st trip to Fontana Dam, NC and the XFire ToD Weekend GTG. Driving the mountain roadways caused that "HI" Oil Level Waning to come on. Drained about 1/2 quart out when we got back home and no more warnings.

Later,

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Oil Level Indicator Light.pdf (830.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by dedwards0323; 03-01-2018 at 10:13 AM.