View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 10:38 AM
dedwards0323
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts
Default Re: battery replacement

Originally Posted by sirharper
After being stored this winter my battery will no longer hold a charge. Not at all surprising when I discovered a previous owner put a Duralast Red 425amp battery in it. I'm actually surprised it lasted me trouble free for 2 years.

Being told Optima does not make a battery that physically fits the Crossfire. Anybody else look into that?
The battery produced by Interstate is a good choice and several owners use this one when replacing the XFire's battery. But there are lots of Interstate-sourced batteries as they produce for a wide variety of aftermarket sellers. I quit trying to keep up with battery producers & who they supply batteries for.

I have a Durcell Ultra in my Coupe now, having replaced the original Varta battery after 9 years. Started getting the weird-acting spoiler function, which is an early warning signal of a battery issue. Bought the Duracell from Batteries Plus when they had a fairly good sale. Duracell is sold by either Costco or Sam's Club, don't remember which, but either source typically has good pricing.

Only decision required is whether your want a conventional or AGM design. And another thing - batteries for the XFire do vary in casing size somewhat. The so-called standards used by the battery producers is short of being a standard (MHO). What we find is the height of the case varies enough that the holddown clamp doesn't fit exact. Some folks have had to add a rubber" spacer" under the clamp to get a secure fit. In my case, the Duracell case is slightly taller and I bent the clamp to avoid excessive side pressure on the leading edge.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Duracell Ultra.JPG (68.5 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by dedwards0323; 03-01-2018 at 04:18 PM.