Thread: Performance!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 05:04 AM
alexdc
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Performance!

Originally Posted by Chayseschmidt
Hello all! I have owned my crossfire for a while now and I absolutely love driving it, however I know this car has potential to be a real sleeper for drag races and I want to try and maximize it as much as possible it’s an 05 base manual crossfire I have done a lot of exterior and interior work to it so it looks plenty fast but doesn’t quite act the part, I’ve looked for headers and supercharger kits, along with underdrive pulleys and other intake and exhaust systems, however it seems there are a lot of dead ends when looking for performance parts on this model vehicle and am wondering if any of you have any advice or ideas where I can search next! Thank you for taking the time to help!
The easiest conversion seems to be the 3.7 M112 from the ML350 W163 from 2003-2005. Straight swap (minus a fan clutch swap). No wiring needed or custom work or anything close to it (from what I have read). I plan on doing it in the future. The motors are super cheap at any junkyards. Extremely doable and cheap swap. One of the cheapest ever for a car.

This car in non-srt trim is not made for drag racing. They're not easy to mod for straight line speed. Buy an SRT6 for drag. The N/A is a tiny gt sports car with more grip and better weight distribution. The SRT6 is a tiny gt muscle car with power. To put a supercharger or turbo on the N/A you need a full stand alone ecu set up.

Last edited by alexdc; 03-03-2018 at 04:32 PM.