Thread: Performance!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 02:01 PM
alexdc
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Performance!

Originally Posted by amx1397
what he is not telling you is any srt 6 will be faster, get better gas mileage than a 3.7,, your V6 is a 3.2 ,, so yea go from a 3.2 to a 3.7 if you are going to swap do it with a 5.5 SC motor, on the aspirated 5.5 mercedes engine (non supercharged) a modded srt6 is still faster.
the fee would run what all you want done to the car, but average i would say close to 22000. engine tranny, brakes, new tires and about two months of good weather,, when my next one is finished,, gray srt ,,, turn key ready to drive 25000 that includes the car. no trade
The 3.7 swap is literally bolt on. The v8 is not. I was pointing out that the 3.7 is a cheap alternative to keep the weight distribution and curb weight of the car intact (to preserve it's sports car grip and nimbleness). The V8 won't keep the weight distribution intact and it will require a lot more work and possibly 5 to 10 times the money. Of course, if you want straight line speed and have a lot of time on your hands do whatever you want. The v8 will always be faster in a straight line. ABSOLUTELY. No one is stupid enough to doubt that. Personally the 3.7 would be enough for my daily driving. I had enough speeding tickets and trouble in my early years.

Last edited by alexdc; 03-03-2018 at 02:09 PM.