View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 11:58 AM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: A/C blows hot and cold at the same time

Originally Posted by ewaynec
This is not obvious until the valve is lifted up. To look at it installed, and to someone who has never done this before, it looks like all one piece. The picture in the "Needswings" post above I think is correct but it also looks like one piece.
Why can't I post a picture? I did earlier.
I went out yesterday and (I hope) fixed a leak in the valve. When I did the repair I took the two metal canisters mounted on top of the valve off and replaced all the parts inside, (because the valve I received was the wrong part) This worked fine but when I went to take the picture I noticed it had water at the joints. I took it apart, cleaned it. and put a little "Ultimate Gray" on the gasket. It appears to be good now.
Far be it for me to say I told you so, so I will not say it.
You stated categorically that NeedsWings and I were wrong in the parts we said fit. That these parts were not correct for your car, you made a point of saying that I would be the first to say someone was wrong so I apologized for being wrong if those parts did not fit your car although I could see that they would have fitted my previous NA Crossfire and they would fit my current SRT.

I see only excuses why you made an error, purchased the wrong part and have not apologized for saying others were wrong when in fact your were the one in error all the time. I forgive you as I know that we cannot be right all the time.