Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

A/C blows hot and cold at the same time

Old 03-07-2018, 11:21 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: A/C blows hot and cold at the same time

Originally Posted by ewaynec
The one you referenced in the link looks like the one in the Crossfire, but it is a moot point as far as I am concerned but it may help someone else. This was my intent, to keep someone else from buying the wrong part
I want to see a picture of the valve in your car and the part number for it as wood NeedsWings for there records. All these prts have Mercedes part numbers. Could you tell us what you did to solve your problem. Somehow I do not think you will reply with those numbers, prove me wrong.

Old 03-08-2018, 06:09 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I want to see a picture of the valve in your car and the part number for it as wood NeedsWings for there records. All these prts have Mercedes part numbers. Could you tell us what you did to solve your problem. Somehow I do not think you will reply with those numbers, prove me wrong.
If the wood is there, then where would their wood be ?

Old 03-08-2018, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
If the wood is there, then where would their wood be ?
My new iPad has a mind of it’s own and it makes assumptions, that’s my excuse and I am sticking to it.
I still want to know why NeedsWings and myself were wrong.
I cannot see how the hoses can come out straight as they would foul the black box. My photo of my old NA shows the drop and the SRT is the same, the hose photo shows the adapter and the drop. My spare and the NW photo are the same. Seems someone has some ‘splaining to do.
I am sure your part are the same, you seem a bit diplomatic on the subject.
But if there is something different on the ewaynec car then Rob would like to know, I apologized but I have seen no proof that I was in error. Funny how he says the rest of the parts where Mercedes parts seeing as they are all Mercedes parts.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just spent the greater part of an hour going out side taking a picture and making a lengthy explanation of all the related events, posted it, (It said OK) and now it is not there. I'm not going to do it again.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:14 AM

I just spent the greater part of an hour going out side taking a picture and making a lengthy explanation of all the related events, posted it, (It said OK) and now it is not there. I'm not going to do it again.
email it to me at alaxfire@aol.com, I'll give it a shot. ( I'm curious too, was going to go out in the 30 deg F garage and look at mine, but will wait for your picture )

Old 03-08-2018, 10:15 AM

That’s OK, at our age things happen and mostly not good. I was going to add something else but I have forgot what it was.

Old 03-08-2018, 04:07 PM

Here is the picture Wayne took :
( I can see the 2 clips that attach the 90 degree elbows )
In the email Wayne sent he points out that he does now see the attaching clips.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:05 AM

This is not obvious until the valve is lifted up. To look at it installed, and to someone who has never done this before, it looks like all one piece. The picture in the "Needswings" post above I think is correct but it also looks like one piece.
Why can't I post a picture? I did earlier.
I went out yesterday and (I hope) fixed a leak in the valve. When I did the repair I took the two metal canisters mounted on top of the valve off and replaced all the parts inside, (because the valve I received was the wrong part) This worked fine but when I went to take the picture I noticed it had water at the joints. I took it apart, cleaned it. and put a little "Ultimate Gray" on the gasket. It appears to be good now.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:58 AM

This is not obvious until the valve is lifted up. To look at it installed, and to someone who has never done this before, it looks like all one piece. The picture in the "Needswings" post above I think is correct but it also looks like one piece.
Why can't I post a picture? I did earlier.
I went out yesterday and (I hope) fixed a leak in the valve. When I did the repair I took the two metal canisters mounted on top of the valve off and replaced all the parts inside, (because the valve I received was the wrong part) This worked fine but when I went to take the picture I noticed it had water at the joints. I took it apart, cleaned it. and put a little "Ultimate Gray" on the gasket. It appears to be good now.
Far be it for me to say I told you so, so I will not say it.
You stated categorically that NeedsWings and I were wrong in the parts we said fit. That these parts were not correct for your car, you made a point of saying that I would be the first to say someone was wrong so I apologized for being wrong if those parts did not fit your car although I could see that they would have fitted my previous NA Crossfire and they would fit my current SRT.

I see only excuses why you made an error, purchased the wrong part and have not apologized for saying others were wrong when in fact your were the one in error all the time. I forgive you as I know that we cannot be right all the time.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:09 AM

I never said I knew what the right part was, on the contrary, I was looking for the right part. When I questioned your suggestion, you implied I was an idiot and would not contribute to this conversation. In fact you threatened to delete all your post in this thread. Your whole contribution to this thread has been to disrupt. I am not going to support your inferiority complex by apologizing. I feel like I have not wronged you. I did not cause you to do something, I did not call you names , I did not ridicule you for not knowing something. If I knew what the right part was, I would have just bought it and this conversation would have never taken place. I came here looking for help, not this.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:27 AM

I never said I knew what the right part was, on the contrary, I was looking for the right part. When I questioned your suggestion, you implied I was an idiot and would not contribute to this conversation. In fact you threatened to delete all your post in this thread. Your whole contribution to this thread has been to disrupt. I am not going to support your inferiority complex by apologizing. I feel like I have not wronged you. I did not cause you to do something, I did not call you names , I did not ridicule you for not knowing something. If I knew what the right part was, I would have just bought it and this conversation would have never taken place. I came here looking for help, not this.
Read your post #10 it says the complete opposite to what you have just said.
We were right and you were wrong, simple.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:31 AM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Read your post #10 it says the complete opposite to what you have just said.
We were right and you were wrong, simple.
180 is correct Wayne.

Old 03-10-2018, 07:07 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Popcorn time! He he he he

Old 03-10-2018, 11:48 PM
Received 141 Likes on 110 Posts

Some times were right, some times were wrong.
Sometimes we’re just mistaken
Who really cares.

Despite the back and forth, I learned something I didn’t know before. That’s what the forum is about.

We all love our cars.

Let’s just stick to the script assist where we can and leave the bad stuff to others

Old 03-11-2018, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by UrbanE
Some times were right, some times were wrong.
Sometimes we’re just mistaken
Who really cares.

Despite the back and forth, I learned something I didn’t know before. That’s what the forum is about.

We all love our cars.

Let’s just stick to the script assist where we can and leave the bad stuff to others
True but when you give good info and are told you and a Crossfire expert are wrong time and again, cannot get why and where you are wrong, and apologize for no good reason. Then find out you were correct all along and still get insulted I do not lay down and shut up.
At least we know now that our info is correct and the thread is not filled with the wrong info.