Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

A/C blows hot and cold at the same time

Old 05-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C blows hot and cold at the same time

I have the A/C on full blast. Out of no where the driver side air vents blow hot air by themselves while the passanger side is still blowing cold. Does any body no what is causing this?

Old 05-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: A/C blows hot and cold at the same time

Originally Posted by mobo3rd
i have the a/c on full blast. Out of no where the driver side air vents blow hot air by themselves while the passanger side is still blowing cold. Does any body no what is causing this?
[size=3] "....................

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-05-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or if both controlers or set to cold then the heater control valve is not closing on one side.. Check heater hose it will be hot if engin has heated up. The one hose runs into two valves. Check to see if one of the two hose leave the valves hot. if so the that valve is open. Bad valve or control module.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The simple explanation would be that each side of the car is set to a different temperature setting. This car has dual zone heating/cooling controls.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone would read the question, and if they know the answer or a good suggestion as to try. How often do you think someone would say "Oh you were right the temperature was set to cold, thats why it blows cold air".
I have the problem of "driver side cold, passenger side hot" Both sides are set to cold. There is a control that regulates this under the hood. One of the coils is open. I can't determine what it's name is so I can get a part number. If anyone can help with this I will appreciate it.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:08 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I can't determine what it's name is so I can get a part number. If anyone can help with this I will appreciate it.
I answered that in your other thread Wayne.

Valve, water 05098397AA

Last edited by ala_xfire; 02-28-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:05 PM

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-05-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:00 AM

No information is much better than wrong information. Your first click shows a valve that is not the same as the one in the Crossfire. The second click takes me to a fix for a problem I do not have.
No thanks necessary.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by ewaynec
No information is much better than wrong information. Your first click shows a valve that is not the same as the one in the Crossfire. The second click takes me to a fix for a problem I do not have.
No thanks necessary.
You are a totally misguided, some would say an idiot, but not me. That part is the correct part, you may order it using the Chrysler number if you want but you will pay a hefty premium.
Just so you know the repair I show may or may not be your case, I do not know, but it causes you symptoms.
To make you happy I will not bother to help you again you can be sure of that. I will erase all of my posts in this thread.
I will put you on my no fly list.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-05-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Last edited by NeedsWings; 03-06-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:14 PM

Awwww, I hurt your feelings. All I did was point out that you were wrong, you are quick to point it out in someone else.
The part you suggested and the one Needswings , suggested is the same and it is wrong. If you notice the two outlet connections are pointing down. On the Crossfire they point out the opposite end from the inlet connection. The hoses are not long enough, nor is there enough room to connect the hoses. It was a simple job to remove the internal parts and put them in the old connector. It is done now and it working fine.
I am glad you did not call me an idiot, because then you would have to eat your words, and if you were a man you would then have to apologize.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:54 PM

the films are showing bottom ports. i was able to find this picture with opposing ports...
https://www.ebay.es/itm/CHRYSLER-CRO...8AAOSwCMtaiw1N
is this what you are seeing? limited or srt6 motor?

Old 03-05-2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by ewaynec
Awwww, I hurt your feelings. All I did was point out that you were wrong, you are quick to point it out in someone else.
The part you suggested and the one Needswings , suggested is the same and it is wrong. If you notice the two outlet connections are pointing down. On the Crossfire they point out the opposite end from the inlet connection. The hoses are not long enough, nor is there enough room to connect the hoses. It was a simple job to remove the internal parts and put them in the old connector. It is done now and it working fine.
I am glad you did not call me an idiot, because then you would have to eat your words, and if you were a man you would then have to apologize.
I do apologize, as I do every time I am wrong, I got that number from a list and assumed it was correct - guess not.
It fits my SRT though.

Looks like it would have fitted my NA as well. Those hoses go down as well as they cannot go through the "Black Box".

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0309.JPG (2.26 MB, 274 views)
s-l500.jpg (12.9 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-08-2018 at 09:11 AM. Reason: The word -down-added.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:09 PM

this one has better pictures.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Be...FaOi1a&vxp=mtr
i cannot find a opposing outlet valve part number as everyone i find supersedes back. are you confident the angle isn't a snap on piece to the bottom of the valve pictured above? the angle may be part of the hose assembly itself?

Old 03-05-2018, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
this one has better pictures.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Be...FaOi1a&vxp=mtr
i cannot find a opposing outlet valve part number as everyone i find supersedes back. are you confident the angle isn't a snap on piece to the bottom of the valve pictured above? the angle may be part of the hose assembly itself?
The one you referenced in the link looks like the one in the Crossfire, but it is a moot point as far as I am concerned but it may help someone else. This was my intent, to keep someone else from buying the wrong part

Old 03-05-2018, 08:44 PM

it is not moot to me please. if you just had this valve assembly in your hand, please let me know if in fact the angled outlet could be a snap on piece or if it is molded into the assembly and thus there needs to be a different part number. if that is the case, both the chrysler AND Mercedes parts films are wrong?

Old 03-05-2018, 11:26 PM

it is not moot to me please. if you just had this valve assembly in your hand, please let me know if in fact the angled outlet could be a snap on piece or if it is molded into the assembly and thus there needs to be a different part number. if that is the case, both the chrysler AND Mercedes parts films are wrong?
The angled parts snap on to the straight outlets on the valve which have O-Rings on them.
CLICK
This data sheet has the same numbers on it as my spare valve.

This is the valve.

and this is the hose assembly, the vertical inlets on the valve have O-rings on them and they fit into a fitting on the end of the hose. The fitting clips onto the inlets, you can see the wire clips in the photo.

Attached Images
s-l640.jpg (35.2 KB, 318 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Doc2.pdf (156.0 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-06-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:03 AM

I tried to put in a picture of the one I received but I couldn't, but it has the two outlet hoses and the inlet hoses all pointed in the same direction. There is nothing that snaps in. It appears that there are 3 different parts (Four if there is one that snaps apart). I have yet to see one that looks like the one in my Crossfire. The only one I have seen that claims to be for the Crossfire is the one from Needswings and it is wrong. The rest are all Mercedes parts.

Last edited by ewaynec; 03-06-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:08 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Picture did not attach correctly Wayne.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Picture did not attach correctly Wayne.
Click on both squares in his post and you get NeedsWing first picture.
As far as I can see the angled adapter are a part of the two hoses that come from the heater. All the three or more parts of this assembly have one part number as far as I can see. The same valve is used on all Crossfire’s. All the parts are Mercedes parts 99% of the time. Even parts made specifically for the Crossfire have Mercedes part numbers on them they start with the number A193 XXX XX XX.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-06-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:30 PM

the films are showing bottom ports. i was able to find this picture with opposing ports...
https://www.ebay.es/itm/CHRYSLER-CRO...8AAOSwCMtaiw1N
is this what you are seeing? limited or srt6 motor?
This part is the same part you showed earlier and has the hose assembly I show in a later post, you can see a steel clip in your photo.

Quick Reply: A/C blows hot and cold at the same time