Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 03:23 PM
Mrmiata
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Help!

Originally Posted by asusundevils23
Regarding that "vacuum lock" I'm being told to purchase (in addition to the shift assembly.) I'm beginning to suspect that during the removal of the console, the mechanic damaged it. Am I in my reasonable right to tell him he's responsible for replacing it? Prior to removing the console he called and asked my permission and mentioned a $125.00 fee for labor, which I agreed to pay. Later when I told him I would look online to purchase a used shift assembly for cheaper than the new $3000.00 he quoted me, he asked me to make sure I purchased that "lock vacuum." Every lock was working when I dropped my vehicle off. Isn't he responsible for that damage?
If he actually "removed" the console .. yeah he broke it.. it is "strapped" near the bulk head and even taking it loose there did not give me room to shift it around enough to see anything under there.. removed the broke cup holder by "feel" and having the one from my coupe to map just where the screws were. I'm going to guess he actually broke the nipple and not the tubing.. Picture of attachment near bulk head ...

I was actually hearing a vacuum leak in my console before the bin swap.. lock still worked .. while there I pushed the nipple end tighter into the "socket" just for grins.. and now have no "hissing" from it.