View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 04:52 PM
DHS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Camber Kit...Help!

OK my 05 SRT coupe L front really eating up the inner side of tire, went to this site and looked at the options. Since I want adjustable springs I went with the K-Mac kit. I know there are cheaper kits but I wanted the adjustability on the car.
Pulled the left front arm this week at night after work. Pull the wheel, caliper, disk, shield, sway bar and shock. Also removed the spring, get the proper spring compressor, it has the two disk with the screw jack that goes through the center.. Get the disk as far apart as possible before compression. The ball jioint was the hardest to pop, rented a tool from the auto shop. Remove the 22mm nuts and tap the bolts forward, the wiggle the arm free.
The parts got here from Australia in four days! Instructions could be better and th3 tubes they send to press out the old bushing are terrible! Metal to soft, we spent all day on one arm just getting the bushings changed. At 12 years old they are corroded in place, I would recommend going to a good machine shop to have them changed, it will be worth the money!
I am waiting for new ball joints to arrive from FCPEURO to complete the job. The new bushings turn inside case to adjust your camber and the rear one will adjust the castor, so now all three settings can be done, also there is a support bar that covers the rear bushings, take out the front two torx and you can hinge it to the rear.
The metal part of the new bushing should be flush with the A arm tube and the black caps will stick out. I will get the right side done and report back with Info on the alignment.
Some photos.

The part that moves in the bushing.

The kit, a big and little bushing.

Ready to put in.