Thread: Survivor
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 10:55 AM
mikegolfer12
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Survivor

Hi everybody out there. I bought my first crossfire back in 2005. I saw one one the road and thought it was the best looking car I have seen In a while. Had to have one. The convertible that is, I don't much care for the hard top. Anyway, I enjoyed the car for about 6 years. I met a gal and fell in love awwwwww. So she loved the crossfire as much as I did but said she had always loved the Mini cooper. So I said what the hell lets sell the crossfire and get that new mini cooper convertible but I will someday get another crossfire. Well that day has come. About 4 months ago I saw a white convertible with only 30,000 miles on it in our local paper. I called on it but it was sold. Bummer. So that all she took. I was on a quest to find a 6 speed convertible. So you know, 6 speeds are hard to find. 90% of the cars out there at the time were automatics. I hope I don't offend anybody when I say that the manual transmission is a must. Putting this car through the gears is so much fun!!! So I did finally find a silver blue convertible here locally after searching all over northern California. It was in really nice condition but like all cars 12 years old it needs some work. Now I have a project. And what fun it is!!! Looking for parts on ebay and other sources is so gratifying. I am a woodworking guy, never been a car renovated. So this is all new to me. Thanks to this forum I have gotten a lot of great info to help me fix up my crossfire. I have been battling cancer for the past three years. This is a great way to keep my mind off of that and on finding that next part or getting a new top etc. So that is a little bit of my story. I am looking forward to all of the cool stuff that can still be done to make this car as close to perfect as I can. Bye for now.