New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Survivor

Old 04-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Survivor

Hi everybody out there. I bought my first crossfire back in 2005. I saw one one the road and thought it was the best looking car I have seen In a while. Had to have one. The convertible that is, I don't much care for the hard top. Anyway, I enjoyed the car for about 6 years. I met a gal and fell in love awwwwww. So she loved the crossfire as much as I did but said she had always loved the Mini cooper. So I said what the hell lets sell the crossfire and get that new mini cooper convertible but I will someday get another crossfire. Well that day has come. About 4 months ago I saw a white convertible with only 30,000 miles on it in our local paper. I called on it but it was sold. Bummer. So that all she took. I was on a quest to find a 6 speed convertible. So you know, 6 speeds are hard to find. 90% of the cars out there at the time were automatics. I hope I don't offend anybody when I say that the manual transmission is a must. Putting this car through the gears is so much fun!!! So I did finally find a silver blue convertible here locally after searching all over northern California. It was in really nice condition but like all cars 12 years old it needs some work. Now I have a project. And what fun it is!!! Looking for parts on ebay and other sources is so gratifying. I am a woodworking guy, never been a car renovated. So this is all new to me. Thanks to this forum I have gotten a lot of great info to help me fix up my crossfire. I have been battling cancer for the past three years. This is a great way to keep my mind off of that and on finding that next part or getting a new top etc. So that is a little bit of my story. I am looking forward to all of the cool stuff that can still be done to make this car as close to perfect as I can. Bye for now.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:11 PM
Received 340 Likes on 300 Posts
Default Re: Survivor

Hope everything works out, in more ways than one.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts
Default Re: Survivor

Welcome and thank you for the nice introduction
I wish you the best in every way and this forum will become a second home for you more than likely
Ive been here for nearly 11 years now

Gary