View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 04:11 PM
xfirejeezy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Air won't turn off

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
The fan running on high when it should not can be one of two things:
[LIST][*]The "Blow motor resistor", (actually, it's a PWM regulator) - easy fix.[*]The controller has fractured solder connections between the two circuit boards - not such an easy fix, but not all that common, either.

The clock can jump in time due to a flacky battery - if your car's battery is over four years old, replace it today. (If you respond with "I had the battery tested and it's good", I will be forced to never respond to any of your posts ever again. )
The battery is less than a year old so that should not be an issue although it might have been really weak yesterday when I couldn't use the key fob to unlock the car. Now it unlocks fine using the key fob.

Could this be a problem with the Relay Control Module? I've had issues in the past with the 'no start issue' which I'm sure you're familiar with. Every time I had that issue was usually when there was an extreme temperature change such as it being 85 degrees one day and 50 the next. When that happened I would just take the RCM out and wiggle it around a bit and it would usually crank up. I looked at the joints and they looked fine to me although I'm no electrical engineer.

Would also like to note that I just plugged the fuse back into 36 and the fan did not come on. As soon as I cranked the car the fan only came on when I turned it to the setting that I wanted which is what should happen. Just going to leave fuse 36 out for now in case it randomly starts again when I'm not near.

Thanks