Old 05-11-2018, 08:05 AM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Original Air Filters and Cabin Filters In Vehicle ? ? ?

Originally Posted by Jim Holian
Come on Guy's - A lot of conversation here but no engine air filter recommendations. I know a lot of folks swear by the K&N filters, but if you drive very little, and avoid dusty road conditions, isn't K&N a bit of an overkill? Can someone recommend a good engine air filter that doesn't run $100.00 plus for our cars that are driven very little? Fram, Wix, Mahle, Hastings - Any suggestions and experiences with any of these?

Jim
The OEM filter was a Mann I believe, that was what my cars had.
One way of seeing what you want is to look at what you have now, there will be a number on it. If it is a Mann then you know the number, if not ask your parts supplier for the Mann equivalent of what you have.

Most parts on this car have the part number on them, use the suppliers part number or the MB part number as it will be cheaper than buying the same part using the Chrysler part number.

The Mann part number is C 2861-2, Mercedes part# 112 094 03 04, K&N part #33-3390, Wix part#42822.
Check my numbers as I have been known to make mistakes, suppliers often give the SRT number instead of the NA part number and vice versa.

The Crossfire NA air filter is two different thicknesses, it has a step in the bottom face, the SRT filter is one thickness end to end and it is also wider and longer

Try eBay for prices. CLICK

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-11-2018 at 12:42 PM.