View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:32 AM
amx1397
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts
Default swapped diff in less than one hour

My car is the fastest, now i have swapped out the rear end ( differential ) in less than ONE HOUR, making this the the fastest diff change. from the time i drove into the bay ,put my car on the lift, there were three of us,
Once up on the lift , one guy removed the exhaust, my exhaust is 3" and comes apart in three pieces,we did not remove the muffler or tail pipes, the center bearing on drive shaft, and the two plates one front the other rear 1/2 of the driveshaft driveshaft. I removed the right rear tire ,unbolted the axle, and removed part of the suspension,the three control arms from the right rear , but not from the car side the three control arms from the wheel hub, pulled the hub over until i could push the axle out of the hub, in the mean time guy three was removing the diff ,the flex joint and rear 1/2 of drive shaft, now the right side of the car (suspension) still bolted up tight we pried loose the left axle part way , now we dropped the diff ,at the same time pulled the axle out of the diff( remember the left axle is still bolted into the hub,and no suspension on the left side is removed). the spring and shock and sway bar are still bolted in. we all three dropped the diff , almost like one motion put the 3.46 with wavetrac, back up in place of the ole 3.07 the left axle went right in, so did the right axle, as one guy put the oil in ,i started putting back the control arms, guy #3 went to the drive shaft put that in along with new flex joints, center bearing and brackets. with everything reinstalled, We torqued everything.
I replaced my tcu, connected the batt cable fired up the car drove out of the shop in a total of 56 minutes we had the rear swapped out , wish i had pictures but that would have needed another guy,, and i forgot to do it.

hope my two finger typing is understandable jim