Old 06-19-2018, 08:28 PM
waldig
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking THis will eventually burn your but, heard it from me first

After I left IBM and several other mil contractors, I went into HVAC and started a company. After doing two jobs at once most of the time, I retired after 38 years of running the business. Know some about ac and freon and stuff.

Autos use r123a mostly in newer cars! Oldies use r12 and I still have a can of it for those outliers that need it.

R134A sells for about 6 - 7$$per pound on the street. Change is coming remember 6 - 7$$

Enter R 1234YF the new auto freon...............guess the price on the street????????????

100$$ a POUND COST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats right boys n girls, the new freon is 100$ and the recovery machine is about $2600.

Iam going to buy more R134A for the future. Can you imagine what the repair shops are charging for a refill, and or service??? Damn if I use it, if need be Ill replace the freon R134a.

Years ago I bought 3 skids of R22 ( 3600# ) for my IRA fund. It was close to 1$ A POUND. Residential units used to use it and the street price is $25 a pound now, I sold my stash for less than 25 but increased in value a GOODLY amount.

R 12 was cheap, then it was discontinued and went wild, I missed that one. 100 watt light bulbs got phased out and so did full flushing toilets driving many plumbers to go to canada to get the old goodies.

Well R134A will be going away over time, time to get some and save it for your car. You dont wanna upgrade to R1234YF.

Did I mention that R1234YF is flammable, what is worst???????? How about this -when it burns it forms HF gas. Hydrogen flouride you remember it is what they used to ETCH the glass in those 100 watt light bulbs.........

Thats why they added YF to the designation to identify that YOUR _ _ _ _ _ _ !!

Have a nice day and thank you from the EPA.

WDY