View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 10:16 AM
onehundred80
Received 546 Likes on 460 Posts
Default Re: ESB BAS and NO Super Charger

Originally Posted by Joef89
So have a 2005 srt6 roadster. It has a ecu tune, Dual Cold Air, Coolant isolation kit, and a catch can. So when we bough the car we had to drive it down form ohio where we got it to florida where we live. On the drive down we noticed the super charger had cut out. when we got back to florida we replaced the IC pump as we thought this was the issue. in addition to that we noticed that there was a wobble in the water pump bearing so we replaced that. at this same time we did the IC always on mod. Today when driving we again lost the supercharger, btu we noticed that the ESB bas light had come on. As we thought about it the esb . bas light would always com on when we would loose the SC.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this and how we can get it fixed.
Turn both taps on the bypass kit to integrate both circuits and see if the SC works and see if the level of the coolant in the overflow tank has dropped noticeably. If this is so then I would say the inter-cooler is leaking.
I cannot see a connection to the light though if the above is the case.
I wonder if a brake switch or MC pressure switch failure would make the car switch off the SC as if there was a total brake failure. Check the car for any fault codes set.

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-24-2018 at 10:19 AM.