Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

ESB BAS and NO Super Charger

Old 06-23-2018, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESB BAS and NO Super Charger

So have a 2005 srt6 roadster. It has a ecu tune, Dual Cold Air, Coolant isolation kit, and a catch can. So when we bough the car we had to drive it down form ohio where we got it to florida where we live. On the drive down we noticed the super charger had cut out. when we got back to florida we replaced the IC pump as we thought this was the issue. in addition to that we noticed that there was a wobble in the water pump bearing so we replaced that. at this same time we did the IC always on mod. Today when driving we again lost the supercharger, btu we noticed that the ESB bas light had come on. As we thought about it the esb . bas light would always com on when we would loose the SC.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this and how we can get it fixed.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:16 AM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts
Default Re: ESB BAS and NO Super Charger

Originally Posted by Joef89
So have a 2005 srt6 roadster. It has a ecu tune, Dual Cold Air, Coolant isolation kit, and a catch can. So when we bough the car we had to drive it down form ohio where we got it to florida where we live. On the drive down we noticed the super charger had cut out. when we got back to florida we replaced the IC pump as we thought this was the issue. in addition to that we noticed that there was a wobble in the water pump bearing so we replaced that. at this same time we did the IC always on mod. Today when driving we again lost the supercharger, btu we noticed that the ESB bas light had come on. As we thought about it the esb . bas light would always com on when we would loose the SC.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this and how we can get it fixed.
Turn both taps on the bypass kit to integrate both circuits and see if the SC works and see if the level of the coolant in the overflow tank has dropped noticeably. If this is so then I would say the inter-cooler is leaking.
I cannot see a connection to the light though if the above is the case.
I wonder if a brake switch or MC pressure switch failure would make the car switch off the SC as if there was a total brake failure. Check the car for any fault codes set.

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-24-2018 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Turn both taps on the bypass kit to integrate both circuits and see if the SC works and see if the level of the coolant in the overflow tank has dropped noticeably. If this is so then I would say the inter-cooler is leaking.
I cannot see a connection to the light though if the above is the case.
I wonder if a brake switch or MC pressure switch failure would make the car switch off the SC as if there was a total brake failure. Check the car for any fault codes set.
SO tested the IC isn't leaking. Still havent figured it out. checked the wheel speed sensors as someone had said that maybe it was corrosion on the plugs, swapped out the RCM, but no luck.really cant figure out what it may be.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

SO tested the IC isn't leaking. Still havent figured it out. checked the wheel speed sensors as someone had said that maybe it was corrosion on the plugs, swapped out the RCM, but no luck.really cant figure out what it may be.
Is the supercharger clutch engaging? If not check the spacing of the shims as if it’s too far apart that could be causing it to cut out.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:07 AM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

bas light would always com on when we would loose the SC.
How firm is the brake pedal? A pressure difference in the system should give only a BAS light.

BAS and ESP lights or just BAS? BAS/ESP will default the car to a safe mode. NA's will have the spoiler stuck up so I would guess the computer won't let you use the supercharger if you don't have traction control. (ESP) Mine was a speed sensor and the BAC controller.

Good advice to leave the valves open in the isolation system until this gets resolved.

You have a volt ohm meter? You can test each wheel sensor.

Last edited by KDW4Him; 07-04-2018 at 07:09 AM.