View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 07:30 PM
Speedy4x4
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: can't go, got vibration

Originally Posted by amx1397
no lathe, I use to have my own 8" there is a machine shop that did work for me on the 3.46 send me some pictures amx1397@gmail.com
they are like in the pics on my single piece driveshaft thread.

2 of the ones I have extra that have both pilots in probably would not work for you, they are for the 1310 joints, which is still larger than the oem center joint, but with the forced induction v8 I would do a 1350.
and the plates would need cut down to accept a female pilot flange instead of the male pilot, for the larger flange and u joint.
none have the bolt holes in them yet for flange or prop. Which is not difficult.
my 1st run, I did it cheap and just got a 4" aluminum driveshaft with slip from a you pull salvage yard, 01-04 isuzu rodeo I believe it was.
​​​​​​
if you go aftermarket you can get a 3" or 3.5" and not have to cut out the center carrier bearing mounting bracket, but for the 1st round testing I went with a $28 driveshaft instead of ordering a $700 + driveshaft (which is still cheaper than a oem)
when I was posting in my thread making my plates I would have made some extras if others wanted them very cheap.
But didn't seem like there was much interest.

I am surprised that that small oem u joint has held up for you, it looks like a 1210 joint with smaller caps